Two companies fined for violations of ‘No-Call’ law
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2014
JACKSON — Two companies, including one based in Mississippi, have been found in violation of the state’s ‘No-Call’ law.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley announced Public Service Commission-ordered fines totaling $40,000. Higher Impact Inc., of Phoenix, Ariz., was fined $15,000, while Mississippi-based Diverse Solutions, LLC, was fined $25,000.
Neither company registered as telephone solicitors with the state of Mississippi, yet both conducted unauthorized telephone solicitations in the state, according to Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment