Two companies fined for violations of ‘No-Call’ law
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2014
JACKSON — Two companies, including one based in Mississippi, have been found in violation of the state’s ‘No-Call’ law.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley announced Public Service Commission-ordered fines totaling $40,000. Higher Impact Inc., of Phoenix, Ariz., was fined $15,000, while Mississippi-based Diverse Solutions, LLC, was fined $25,000.
Neither company registered as telephone solicitors with the state of Mississippi, yet both conducted unauthorized telephone solicitations in the state, according to Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet