Two companies fined for violations of ‘No-Call’ law
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2014
JACKSON — Two companies, including one based in Mississippi, have been found in violation of the state’s ‘No-Call’ law.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley announced Public Service Commission-ordered fines totaling $40,000. Higher Impact Inc., of Phoenix, Ariz., was fined $15,000, while Mississippi-based Diverse Solutions, LLC, was fined $25,000.
Neither company registered as telephone solicitors with the state of Mississippi, yet both conducted unauthorized telephone solicitations in the state, according to Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement