Two companies fined for violations of ‘No-Call’ law
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2014
JACKSON — Two companies, including one based in Mississippi, have been found in violation of the state’s ‘No-Call’ law.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley announced Public Service Commission-ordered fines totaling $40,000. Higher Impact Inc., of Phoenix, Ariz., was fined $15,000, while Mississippi-based Diverse Solutions, LLC, was fined $25,000.
Neither company registered as telephone solicitors with the state of Mississippi, yet both conducted unauthorized telephone solicitations in the state, according to Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program