Two companies fined for violations of ‘No-Call’ law
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2014
JACKSON — Two companies, including one based in Mississippi, have been found in violation of the state’s ‘No-Call’ law.
Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley announced Public Service Commission-ordered fines totaling $40,000. Higher Impact Inc., of Phoenix, Ariz., was fined $15,000, while Mississippi-based Diverse Solutions, LLC, was fined $25,000.
Neither company registered as telephone solicitors with the state of Mississippi, yet both conducted unauthorized telephone solicitations in the state, according to Presley.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use