Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 6,2014
LAS VEGAS — Boyd Gaming Corporation reports fourth-quarter 2013 net revenues of $681.5 million, up 9.1 percent from $624.7 million during the same quarter in 2012.
Total Adjusted EBITDAwas $131.5 million, an increase of 30.4 percent from $100.9 million in the year-ago quarter.
Results reflect the addition of the operations of Peninsula Gaming, LLC, which was acquired by the company on Nov. 20, 2012.
In the Midwest and South segment, net revenues were $196.0 million, compared to $213.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2012. Adjusted EBITDA was $39.7 million, including a one-time, favorable property tax adjustment of $9.3 million. By comparison, Adjusted EBITDA was $34.5 million in the year-ago period.
Boyd reports revenues were impacted by continued softness in consumer spending in many markets, as well as severe winter weather in December. However, a significant amount of the revenue shortfall’s impact on EBITDA was successfully mitigated through ongoing cost-containment measures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job