Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 6,2014
LAS VEGAS — Boyd Gaming Corporation reports fourth-quarter 2013 net revenues of $681.5 million, up 9.1 percent from $624.7 million during the same quarter in 2012.
Total Adjusted EBITDAwas $131.5 million, an increase of 30.4 percent from $100.9 million in the year-ago quarter.
Results reflect the addition of the operations of Peninsula Gaming, LLC, which was acquired by the company on Nov. 20, 2012.
In the Midwest and South segment, net revenues were $196.0 million, compared to $213.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2012. Adjusted EBITDA was $39.7 million, including a one-time, favorable property tax adjustment of $9.3 million. By comparison, Adjusted EBITDA was $34.5 million in the year-ago period.
Boyd reports revenues were impacted by continued softness in consumer spending in many markets, as well as severe winter weather in December. However, a significant amount of the revenue shortfall’s impact on EBITDA was successfully mitigated through ongoing cost-containment measures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years