Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
Published: March 6,2014
CLINTON — The federal government has filed a complaint seeking to bar a Jackson-area tax preparer from preparing federal tax returns for others.
The U.S. Department of Justice said that a civil injunction complaint was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi against Kavivah Branson, also known as Kavivah Bradley, and her business, Branson Tax Service.
The complaint alleges that Branson, of Clinton, prepares federal income tax returns for customers that understate the tax actually due.
The Justice Department says given the number of returns Branson has prepared since 2009, her alleged actions could result in millions of dollars of tax harm to the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release