Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
Published: March 6,2014
CLINTON — The federal government has filed a complaint seeking to bar a Jackson-area tax preparer from preparing federal tax returns for others.
The U.S. Department of Justice said that a civil injunction complaint was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi against Kavivah Branson, also known as Kavivah Bradley, and her business, Branson Tax Service.
The complaint alleges that Branson, of Clinton, prepares federal income tax returns for customers that understate the tax actually due.
The Justice Department says given the number of returns Branson has prepared since 2009, her alleged actions could result in millions of dollars of tax harm to the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him