Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
Published: March 6,2014
CLINTON — The federal government has filed a complaint seeking to bar a Jackson-area tax preparer from preparing federal tax returns for others.
The U.S. Department of Justice said that a civil injunction complaint was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi against Kavivah Branson, also known as Kavivah Bradley, and her business, Branson Tax Service.
The complaint alleges that Branson, of Clinton, prepares federal income tax returns for customers that understate the tax actually due.
The Justice Department says given the number of returns Branson has prepared since 2009, her alleged actions could result in millions of dollars of tax harm to the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics