Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
Published: March 6,2014
CLINTON — The federal government has filed a complaint seeking to bar a Jackson-area tax preparer from preparing federal tax returns for others.
The U.S. Department of Justice said that a civil injunction complaint was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi against Kavivah Branson, also known as Kavivah Bradley, and her business, Branson Tax Service.
The complaint alleges that Branson, of Clinton, prepares federal income tax returns for customers that understate the tax actually due.
The Justice Department says given the number of returns Branson has prepared since 2009, her alleged actions could result in millions of dollars of tax harm to the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.