Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 6,2014
OAKLAND — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has recovered an additional $48,933.35 as part of the long-term investigation into the failed beef processors plant in Yalobusha County, and has presented the check to State Treasurer Lynn Fitch.
Since 2004, $617,115.86 has been returned to the state as part of this investigation. Additionally, six individuals have either pled guilty or been convicted for their role in the beef processors plant located in Oakland.
“This investigation is nearly 10 years old now but we are continuing to pursue this case as long as we have a chance of recovering funds belonging to the taxpayers of Mississippi,” Pickering said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry