Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 6,2014
OAKLAND — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has recovered an additional $48,933.35 as part of the long-term investigation into the failed beef processors plant in Yalobusha County, and has presented the check to State Treasurer Lynn Fitch.
Since 2004, $617,115.86 has been returned to the state as part of this investigation. Additionally, six individuals have either pled guilty or been convicted for their role in the beef processors plant located in Oakland.
“This investigation is nearly 10 years old now but we are continuing to pursue this case as long as we have a chance of recovering funds belonging to the taxpayers of Mississippi,” Pickering said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions