Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 6,2014
OAKLAND — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has recovered an additional $48,933.35 as part of the long-term investigation into the failed beef processors plant in Yalobusha County, and has presented the check to State Treasurer Lynn Fitch.
Since 2004, $617,115.86 has been returned to the state as part of this investigation. Additionally, six individuals have either pled guilty or been convicted for their role in the beef processors plant located in Oakland.
“This investigation is nearly 10 years old now but we are continuing to pursue this case as long as we have a chance of recovering funds belonging to the taxpayers of Mississippi,” Pickering said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Baker Donelson recognized
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Coyotes are wily predators and pests in Mississippi
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur