Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 6,2014
OAKLAND — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has recovered an additional $48,933.35 as part of the long-term investigation into the failed beef processors plant in Yalobusha County, and has presented the check to State Treasurer Lynn Fitch.
Since 2004, $617,115.86 has been returned to the state as part of this investigation. Additionally, six individuals have either pled guilty or been convicted for their role in the beef processors plant located in Oakland.
“This investigation is nearly 10 years old now but we are continuing to pursue this case as long as we have a chance of recovering funds belonging to the taxpayers of Mississippi,” Pickering said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics