Voters to choose new Sandersville mayor following Hill’s death
Published: March 12,2014
SANDERSVILLE — Voters in the town of Sandersville will elect a new mayor April 8.
The Chronicle reports the board of aldermen set the date this past week.
The winner will succeed the late Jimmy Hill, who died Feb. 25. Hill had served as a public official in Sandersville for more than 30 years as a member of the board of alderman and as mayor.
Alderman Bob White is serving as acting mayor.
The town will honor Hill with the planting of a tree in Memorial Park in his memory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity