Voters to choose new Sandersville mayor following Hill’s death
Published: March 12,2014
SANDERSVILLE — Voters in the town of Sandersville will elect a new mayor April 8.
The Chronicle reports the board of aldermen set the date this past week.
The winner will succeed the late Jimmy Hill, who died Feb. 25. Hill had served as a public official in Sandersville for more than 30 years as a member of the board of alderman and as mayor.
Alderman Bob White is serving as acting mayor.
The town will honor Hill with the planting of a tree in Memorial Park in his memory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner