Voters to choose new Sandersville mayor following Hill’s death
Published: March 12,2014
SANDERSVILLE — Voters in the town of Sandersville will elect a new mayor April 8.
The Chronicle reports the board of aldermen set the date this past week.
The winner will succeed the late Jimmy Hill, who died Feb. 25. Hill had served as a public official in Sandersville for more than 30 years as a member of the board of alderman and as mayor.
Alderman Bob White is serving as acting mayor.
The town will honor Hill with the planting of a tree in Memorial Park in his memory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love