Voters to choose new Sandersville mayor following Hill’s death
Published: March 12,2014
SANDERSVILLE — Voters in the town of Sandersville will elect a new mayor April 8.
The Chronicle reports the board of aldermen set the date this past week.
The winner will succeed the late Jimmy Hill, who died Feb. 25. Hill had served as a public official in Sandersville for more than 30 years as a member of the board of alderman and as mayor.
Alderman Bob White is serving as acting mayor.
The town will honor Hill with the planting of a tree in Memorial Park in his memory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years