Voters to choose new Sandersville mayor following Hill’s death
Published: March 12,2014
SANDERSVILLE — Voters in the town of Sandersville will elect a new mayor April 8.
The Chronicle reports the board of aldermen set the date this past week.
The winner will succeed the late Jimmy Hill, who died Feb. 25. Hill had served as a public official in Sandersville for more than 30 years as a member of the board of alderman and as mayor.
Alderman Bob White is serving as acting mayor.
The town will honor Hill with the planting of a tree in Memorial Park in his memory.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion