MEMA taps True North to develop hazard mitigation plan
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
JACKSON — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has selected True North Emergency Management, LLC, to develop a regional Hazard Mitigation Plan for MEMA’s District 3.
The jurisdictions include the counties of Bolivar, Carroll, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Montgomery, Sunflower, Washington and Attala. Also included are Kosciusko and the towns of Ethel, McCool and Sallis.
The plan is scheduled to be completed by March 2015.
True North, a subsidiary firm of Neel-Schaffer Inc., specializes in emergency management preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation. Delta State University’s Geographic Information Technology (GIT) Center and SOL Engineering will assist True North with this regional plan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager