MEMA taps True North to develop hazard mitigation plan
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
JACKSON — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has selected True North Emergency Management, LLC, to develop a regional Hazard Mitigation Plan for MEMA’s District 3.
The jurisdictions include the counties of Bolivar, Carroll, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Montgomery, Sunflower, Washington and Attala. Also included are Kosciusko and the towns of Ethel, McCool and Sallis.
The plan is scheduled to be completed by March 2015.
True North, a subsidiary firm of Neel-Schaffer Inc., specializes in emergency management preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation. Delta State University’s Geographic Information Technology (GIT) Center and SOL Engineering will assist True North with this regional plan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years