MEMA taps True North to develop hazard mitigation plan
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
JACKSON — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has selected True North Emergency Management, LLC, to develop a regional Hazard Mitigation Plan for MEMA’s District 3.
The jurisdictions include the counties of Bolivar, Carroll, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Montgomery, Sunflower, Washington and Attala. Also included are Kosciusko and the towns of Ethel, McCool and Sallis.
The plan is scheduled to be completed by March 2015.
True North, a subsidiary firm of Neel-Schaffer Inc., specializes in emergency management preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation. Delta State University’s Geographic Information Technology (GIT) Center and SOL Engineering will assist True North with this regional plan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending