MEMA taps True North to develop hazard mitigation plan
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
JACKSON — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has selected True North Emergency Management, LLC, to develop a regional Hazard Mitigation Plan for MEMA’s District 3.
The jurisdictions include the counties of Bolivar, Carroll, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Montgomery, Sunflower, Washington and Attala. Also included are Kosciusko and the towns of Ethel, McCool and Sallis.
The plan is scheduled to be completed by March 2015.
True North, a subsidiary firm of Neel-Schaffer Inc., specializes in emergency management preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation. Delta State University’s Geographic Information Technology (GIT) Center and SOL Engineering will assist True North with this regional plan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds