MEMA taps True North to develop hazard mitigation plan
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
JACKSON — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) has selected True North Emergency Management, LLC, to develop a regional Hazard Mitigation Plan for MEMA’s District 3.
The jurisdictions include the counties of Bolivar, Carroll, Holmes, Humphreys, Leflore, Montgomery, Sunflower, Washington and Attala. Also included are Kosciusko and the towns of Ethel, McCool and Sallis.
The plan is scheduled to be completed by March 2015.
True North, a subsidiary firm of Neel-Schaffer Inc., specializes in emergency management preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation. Delta State University’s Geographic Information Technology (GIT) Center and SOL Engineering will assist True North with this regional plan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO