Security Plan completes purchase of Magnolia Guaranty
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
Tags: acquisition, buy, Citizens Inc., insurance, life insurance, Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company, Mississippi Department of Insurance, purchase, Rick D. Riley, sale, Security Plan Life Insurance Company, sell
RIDGELAND — Security Plan Life Insurance Company has completed the purchase of Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company.
On March 7, Citizens Inc. subsidiary Security Plan completed its acquisition of Magnolia of Ridgeland for $5.23 million. Security Plan paid cash in exchange for 409,553 shares of Magnolia capital stock outstanding.
In response to receiving the Mississippi Department of Insurance order approving the transaction, Rick D. Riley, CEO of Security Plan, said, “This Security Plan Life acquisition complements our home service segment. Magnolia customarily sells policies through independent funeral homes while Security Plan customarily sells through a debit route-based system. Together, we anticipate Mississippi clients will experience enhanced support from the affiliated companies.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million