Security Plan completes purchase of Magnolia Guaranty
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
Tags: acquisition, buy, Citizens Inc., insurance, life insurance, Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company, Mississippi Department of Insurance, purchase, Rick D. Riley, sale, Security Plan Life Insurance Company, sell
RIDGELAND — Security Plan Life Insurance Company has completed the purchase of Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company.
On March 7, Citizens Inc. subsidiary Security Plan completed its acquisition of Magnolia of Ridgeland for $5.23 million. Security Plan paid cash in exchange for 409,553 shares of Magnolia capital stock outstanding.
In response to receiving the Mississippi Department of Insurance order approving the transaction, Rick D. Riley, CEO of Security Plan, said, “This Security Plan Life acquisition complements our home service segment. Magnolia customarily sells policies through independent funeral homes while Security Plan customarily sells through a debit route-based system. Together, we anticipate Mississippi clients will experience enhanced support from the affiliated companies.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015