Security Plan completes purchase of Magnolia Guaranty
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
Tags: acquisition, buy, Citizens Inc., insurance, life insurance, Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company, Mississippi Department of Insurance, purchase, Rick D. Riley, sale, Security Plan Life Insurance Company, sell
RIDGELAND — Security Plan Life Insurance Company has completed the purchase of Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company.
On March 7, Citizens Inc. subsidiary Security Plan completed its acquisition of Magnolia of Ridgeland for $5.23 million. Security Plan paid cash in exchange for 409,553 shares of Magnolia capital stock outstanding.
In response to receiving the Mississippi Department of Insurance order approving the transaction, Rick D. Riley, CEO of Security Plan, said, “This Security Plan Life acquisition complements our home service segment. Magnolia customarily sells policies through independent funeral homes while Security Plan customarily sells through a debit route-based system. Together, we anticipate Mississippi clients will experience enhanced support from the affiliated companies.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino