Security Plan completes purchase of Magnolia Guaranty
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
Tags: acquisition, buy, Citizens Inc., insurance, life insurance, Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company, Mississippi Department of Insurance, purchase, Rick D. Riley, sale, Security Plan Life Insurance Company, sell
RIDGELAND — Security Plan Life Insurance Company has completed the purchase of Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company.
On March 7, Citizens Inc. subsidiary Security Plan completed its acquisition of Magnolia of Ridgeland for $5.23 million. Security Plan paid cash in exchange for 409,553 shares of Magnolia capital stock outstanding.
In response to receiving the Mississippi Department of Insurance order approving the transaction, Rick D. Riley, CEO of Security Plan, said, “This Security Plan Life acquisition complements our home service segment. Magnolia customarily sells policies through independent funeral homes while Security Plan customarily sells through a debit route-based system. Together, we anticipate Mississippi clients will experience enhanced support from the affiliated companies.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money