Security Plan completes purchase of Magnolia Guaranty
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 13,2014
Tags: acquisition, buy, Citizens Inc., insurance, life insurance, Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company, Mississippi Department of Insurance, purchase, Rick D. Riley, sale, Security Plan Life Insurance Company, sell
RIDGELAND — Security Plan Life Insurance Company has completed the purchase of Magnolia Guaranty Life Insurance Company.
On March 7, Citizens Inc. subsidiary Security Plan completed its acquisition of Magnolia of Ridgeland for $5.23 million. Security Plan paid cash in exchange for 409,553 shares of Magnolia capital stock outstanding.
In response to receiving the Mississippi Department of Insurance order approving the transaction, Rick D. Riley, CEO of Security Plan, said, “This Security Plan Life acquisition complements our home service segment. Magnolia customarily sells policies through independent funeral homes while Security Plan customarily sells through a debit route-based system. Together, we anticipate Mississippi clients will experience enhanced support from the affiliated companies.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.