McMullan returns to UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
Dr. Michael R. McMullan has returned to the University of Mississippi Medical Center to direct a program offering specialized care to adults with hereditary heart disease. McMullan, a Decatur native and alumnus of the University of Southern Mississippi and the UMMC School of Medicine, rejoins the Medical Center after a seven-year absence in order to lead the state’s only adult congenital heart program.
McMullan comes to UMMC from the Jackson Heart Clinic, P.A., where he had been a partner since 2007. After originally joining UMMC in 1998 as an assistant professor of medicine, he started the Adult Congenital and Valvular Heart Disease Clinic. Over the years, he served as clinical chief of cardiology, director of the Cardiology Fellowship Training Program and, finally, as clinical chief of the Division of Cardiology, 2005-2007. For three years, he served as governor of Mississippi for the American College of Cardiology.
McMullan belongs to multiple professional organizations and has earned various teaching honors, including Department of Medicine Teacher of the Year and UMMC Clinical Professor of the Year; he was also selected to UMMC’s Norman C. Nelson Order of Teaching Excellence and the Blake Academy for Excellence in Teaching.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force