McMullan returns to UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
Dr. Michael R. McMullan has returned to the University of Mississippi Medical Center to direct a program offering specialized care to adults with hereditary heart disease. McMullan, a Decatur native and alumnus of the University of Southern Mississippi and the UMMC School of Medicine, rejoins the Medical Center after a seven-year absence in order to lead the state’s only adult congenital heart program.
McMullan comes to UMMC from the Jackson Heart Clinic, P.A., where he had been a partner since 2007. After originally joining UMMC in 1998 as an assistant professor of medicine, he started the Adult Congenital and Valvular Heart Disease Clinic. Over the years, he served as clinical chief of cardiology, director of the Cardiology Fellowship Training Program and, finally, as clinical chief of the Division of Cardiology, 2005-2007. For three years, he served as governor of Mississippi for the American College of Cardiology.
McMullan belongs to multiple professional organizations and has earned various teaching honors, including Department of Medicine Teacher of the Year and UMMC Clinical Professor of the Year; he was also selected to UMMC’s Norman C. Nelson Order of Teaching Excellence and the Blake Academy for Excellence in Teaching.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option