MDOT welcomes Scott, Pettit
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
The Mississippi Department of Transportation recently welcomed Jason Scott as public information officer in the Public Affairs Division. Scott is a native of Raymond and received his bachelor of arts degree in communications from Mississippi State University. In addition to his six years of communications and public relations experience, he also has four years of experience with Engineering Service, a private civil engineering firm based in Jackson.
Scott is a member of the Southern Public Relations Federation and Public Relations Association of Mississippi. In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his family and friends. He is a die-hard Mississippi State Bulldog and St. Louis Cardinals fan.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation also welcomed Robert Pettit in his new role as digital media manager in the Public Affairs Division. Pettit grew up in Madison, and received his bachelor of art degrees in both Chinese and international studies, with an emphasis in East Asian studies and global business economics, from the University of Mississippi. Upon graduating with advanced proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, he represented Mississippi as a student ambassador at the USA Pavilion at the World Expo in Shanghai. Afterwards, he returned to his home state and began applying the lessons he gained abroad at a local level. Pettit is a digital marketing strategist with work experience at government organizations, advertising agencies, non-profits, small businesses and corporations both in-country and abroad in a bilingual setting.
He is a member of Public Relations Association of Mississippi and Southern Public Relations Federation. He is also a board member at the local American Advertising Federation Chapter (AAF Jackson).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MDOT welcomes Scott, Pettit”
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts