Northington, Kilroy promoted
by Tacy Rayburn
Published: March 14,2014
The Mississippi Economic Council has promoted Cathy Northington and Christi Kilroy to new leadership positions. Northington has been named vice president, programs and administration. Hired a decade ago as a part-time, entry-level employee, Northington worked her way up from the ground floor at MEC. Married with three children, she is a member of the Professional Women’s Association, Madison Ridgeland Rotary Club, Junior League of Jackson provisional member and a 2012 recipient of the Mississippi Business Journal Top 40 under 40. A native of Jackson, Northington studied marketing at Mississippi College.
Kilroy is vice president of policy, research and member engagement. Prior to joining MEC, Kilroy served as executive director of the Vicksburg-Warren County Chamber of Commerce, beginning in July 2006. Her past experience includes owning a tax incentive consulting business in San Francisco and working for the City of New York as a public relations specialist. A native of Dover, Ohio, she graduated from Wittenberg University with a degree in economics. She currently lives in Vicksburg with her husband, Jay, daughter, Lauren, and son, Thomas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison