Northington, Kilroy promoted
by Tacy Rayburn
Published: March 14,2014
The Mississippi Economic Council has promoted Cathy Northington and Christi Kilroy to new leadership positions. Northington has been named vice president, programs and administration. Hired a decade ago as a part-time, entry-level employee, Northington worked her way up from the ground floor at MEC. Married with three children, she is a member of the Professional Women’s Association, Madison Ridgeland Rotary Club, Junior League of Jackson provisional member and a 2012 recipient of the Mississippi Business Journal Top 40 under 40. A native of Jackson, Northington studied marketing at Mississippi College.
Kilroy is vice president of policy, research and member engagement. Prior to joining MEC, Kilroy served as executive director of the Vicksburg-Warren County Chamber of Commerce, beginning in July 2006. Her past experience includes owning a tax incentive consulting business in San Francisco and working for the City of New York as a public relations specialist. A native of Dover, Ohio, she graduated from Wittenberg University with a degree in economics. She currently lives in Vicksburg with her husband, Jay, daughter, Lauren, and son, Thomas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history