TVA honors Higgins
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
The Tennessee Valley Authority has honored Joe Max Higgins Jr., CEO of the Golden Triangle Development LINK with the inaugural Mega Developer Award.
Higgins’ leadership has resulted in completion of 140 major community and economic development projects, the creation of 16,000 manufacturing jobs and more than $5.5 billion in industrial investments. He was instrumental in helping attract Yokohama Tire, and he has also worked on numerous commercial retail developments, as well as community development infrastructure improvements worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Higgins led efforts to attain the first two megasites, both in Columbus, in TVA’s certified Megasites program. Within the first year, these sites attracted two major industrial companies, Severstal and PACCAR.
Higgins is nationally certified as a planner, community, and economic developer and an environmental consultant. He has received numerous other noted economic development awards, most recently the Site Selectors Guild Excellence in Economic Development award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges