TVA honors Higgins
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
The Tennessee Valley Authority has honored Joe Max Higgins Jr., CEO of the Golden Triangle Development LINK with the inaugural Mega Developer Award.
Higgins’ leadership has resulted in completion of 140 major community and economic development projects, the creation of 16,000 manufacturing jobs and more than $5.5 billion in industrial investments. He was instrumental in helping attract Yokohama Tire, and he has also worked on numerous commercial retail developments, as well as community development infrastructure improvements worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Higgins led efforts to attain the first two megasites, both in Columbus, in TVA’s certified Megasites program. Within the first year, these sites attracted two major industrial companies, Severstal and PACCAR.
Higgins is nationally certified as a planner, community, and economic developer and an environmental consultant. He has received numerous other noted economic development awards, most recently the Site Selectors Guild Excellence in Economic Development award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits