TVA honors Higgins
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
The Tennessee Valley Authority has honored Joe Max Higgins Jr., CEO of the Golden Triangle Development LINK with the inaugural Mega Developer Award.
Higgins’ leadership has resulted in completion of 140 major community and economic development projects, the creation of 16,000 manufacturing jobs and more than $5.5 billion in industrial investments. He was instrumental in helping attract Yokohama Tire, and he has also worked on numerous commercial retail developments, as well as community development infrastructure improvements worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Higgins led efforts to attain the first two megasites, both in Columbus, in TVA’s certified Megasites program. Within the first year, these sites attracted two major industrial companies, Severstal and PACCAR.
Higgins is nationally certified as a planner, community, and economic developer and an environmental consultant. He has received numerous other noted economic development awards, most recently the Site Selectors Guild Excellence in Economic Development award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41