TVA honors Higgins
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
The Tennessee Valley Authority has honored Joe Max Higgins Jr., CEO of the Golden Triangle Development LINK with the inaugural Mega Developer Award.
Higgins’ leadership has resulted in completion of 140 major community and economic development projects, the creation of 16,000 manufacturing jobs and more than $5.5 billion in industrial investments. He was instrumental in helping attract Yokohama Tire, and he has also worked on numerous commercial retail developments, as well as community development infrastructure improvements worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Higgins led efforts to attain the first two megasites, both in Columbus, in TVA’s certified Megasites program. Within the first year, these sites attracted two major industrial companies, Severstal and PACCAR.
Higgins is nationally certified as a planner, community, and economic developer and an environmental consultant. He has received numerous other noted economic development awards, most recently the Site Selectors Guild Excellence in Economic Development award.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)