Wiggins made permanent director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
University of Southern Mississippi associate professor Jeffrey Wiggins has been named the new director of the School of Polymers and High Performance Materials. For the past year Wiggins has served as the school’s interim director, filling a void left by longtime director Dr. Robert Lochhead, who relinquished the title to spend more time in the classroom and laboratory.
Wiggins’ research and teaching efforts have produced impressive include developing a high-performance football helmet cushioning system implemented by Rawlings Sporting Goods; working closely with colleagues to create a partnership between the university and GE Aviation, which opened a new production plant in Ellisville last spring; establishing an advanced next-generation aerospace materials development infrastructure at Southern Miss; and graduating five doctoral candidates from his personal mentorship.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity