Wiggins made permanent director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
University of Southern Mississippi associate professor Jeffrey Wiggins has been named the new director of the School of Polymers and High Performance Materials. For the past year Wiggins has served as the school’s interim director, filling a void left by longtime director Dr. Robert Lochhead, who relinquished the title to spend more time in the classroom and laboratory.
Wiggins’ research and teaching efforts have produced impressive include developing a high-performance football helmet cushioning system implemented by Rawlings Sporting Goods; working closely with colleagues to create a partnership between the university and GE Aviation, which opened a new production plant in Ellisville last spring; establishing an advanced next-generation aerospace materials development infrastructure at Southern Miss; and graduating five doctoral candidates from his personal mentorship.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues