Wiggins made permanent director
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2014
University of Southern Mississippi associate professor Jeffrey Wiggins has been named the new director of the School of Polymers and High Performance Materials. For the past year Wiggins has served as the school’s interim director, filling a void left by longtime director Dr. Robert Lochhead, who relinquished the title to spend more time in the classroom and laboratory.
Wiggins’ research and teaching efforts have produced impressive include developing a high-performance football helmet cushioning system implemented by Rawlings Sporting Goods; working closely with colleagues to create a partnership between the university and GE Aviation, which opened a new production plant in Ellisville last spring; establishing an advanced next-generation aerospace materials development infrastructure at Southern Miss; and graduating five doctoral candidates from his personal mentorship.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi