Commercial fishermen now need endorsement for seatrout
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 17,2014
GULF OF MEXICO — Beginning May 1, commercial fishermen will be required to obtain an endorsement along with their commercial fishing license in order to harvest spotted seatrout.
The endorsement is $10, and fishermen must complete an application showing that $5,000 of seafood product was sold in any 12 consecutive-month period. That proof can include copies of sales records along with a copy of the applicable harvester’s license for the appropriate time period.
Other forms of proof include records showing 10 percent of the fisherman’s net income came from commercial fishing activities in any previous tax year. A form showing this must be submitted to the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) completed by a licensed tax preparer that includes a Preparer Tax Identification Number. It must be notarized before being submitted to DMR.
The endorsement will be valid for three years, after which the qualifying documents must be re-submitted. Changes to Title 22, Part 7, Chapter 9, Section 110 that reflect these changes are posted on the DMR website atwww.dmr.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief