Commercial fishermen now need endorsement for seatrout
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 17,2014
GULF OF MEXICO — Beginning May 1, commercial fishermen will be required to obtain an endorsement along with their commercial fishing license in order to harvest spotted seatrout.
The endorsement is $10, and fishermen must complete an application showing that $5,000 of seafood product was sold in any 12 consecutive-month period. That proof can include copies of sales records along with a copy of the applicable harvester’s license for the appropriate time period.
Other forms of proof include records showing 10 percent of the fisherman’s net income came from commercial fishing activities in any previous tax year. A form showing this must be submitted to the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) completed by a licensed tax preparer that includes a Preparer Tax Identification Number. It must be notarized before being submitted to DMR.
The endorsement will be valid for three years, after which the qualifying documents must be re-submitted. Changes to Title 22, Part 7, Chapter 9, Section 110 that reflect these changes are posted on the DMR website atwww.dmr.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit