Commercial fishermen now need endorsement for seatrout
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 17,2014
GULF OF MEXICO — Beginning May 1, commercial fishermen will be required to obtain an endorsement along with their commercial fishing license in order to harvest spotted seatrout.
The endorsement is $10, and fishermen must complete an application showing that $5,000 of seafood product was sold in any 12 consecutive-month period. That proof can include copies of sales records along with a copy of the applicable harvester’s license for the appropriate time period.
Other forms of proof include records showing 10 percent of the fisherman’s net income came from commercial fishing activities in any previous tax year. A form showing this must be submitted to the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) completed by a licensed tax preparer that includes a Preparer Tax Identification Number. It must be notarized before being submitted to DMR.
The endorsement will be valid for three years, after which the qualifying documents must be re-submitted. Changes to Title 22, Part 7, Chapter 9, Section 110 that reflect these changes are posted on the DMR website atwww.dmr.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson