Hospital earns award for breast milk program
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 19,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) was named as the first place winner by Medela for its breast milk programs.
By facilitating and increasing human milk consumption in the NICU, Medela, a women and infant health company, recognizes breast milk programs nationwide for best practices. Memorial Hospital will receive Medela NICU products valued at $10,000.
The only NICU on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Memorial provides a specially equipped ground transport vehicle to make the unit available to acutely ill or potentially unstable infants from the surrounding communities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)