Hospital earns award for breast milk program
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 19,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) was named as the first place winner by Medela for its breast milk programs.
By facilitating and increasing human milk consumption in the NICU, Medela, a women and infant health company, recognizes breast milk programs nationwide for best practices. Memorial Hospital will receive Medela NICU products valued at $10,000.
The only NICU on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Memorial provides a specially equipped ground transport vehicle to make the unit available to acutely ill or potentially unstable infants from the surrounding communities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions