Hospital earns award for breast milk program
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 19,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) was named as the first place winner by Medela for its breast milk programs.
By facilitating and increasing human milk consumption in the NICU, Medela, a women and infant health company, recognizes breast milk programs nationwide for best practices. Memorial Hospital will receive Medela NICU products valued at $10,000.
The only NICU on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Memorial provides a specially equipped ground transport vehicle to make the unit available to acutely ill or potentially unstable infants from the surrounding communities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste