Hospital earns award for breast milk program
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 19,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) was named as the first place winner by Medela for its breast milk programs.
By facilitating and increasing human milk consumption in the NICU, Medela, a women and infant health company, recognizes breast milk programs nationwide for best practices. Memorial Hospital will receive Medela NICU products valued at $10,000.
The only NICU on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Memorial provides a specially equipped ground transport vehicle to make the unit available to acutely ill or potentially unstable infants from the surrounding communities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast