Hospital earns award for breast milk program
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 19,2014
GULFPORT — Memorial Hospital at Gulfport’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) was named as the first place winner by Medela for its breast milk programs.
By facilitating and increasing human milk consumption in the NICU, Medela, a women and infant health company, recognizes breast milk programs nationwide for best practices. Memorial Hospital will receive Medela NICU products valued at $10,000.
The only NICU on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Memorial provides a specially equipped ground transport vehicle to make the unit available to acutely ill or potentially unstable infants from the surrounding communities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three