AT&T three-year infrastructure investment tops $1B
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2014
JACKSON — AT&T reports it has invested more than $1 billion in its wireless and wired networks in Mississippi between 2011 through 2013.
Advancing its Project Velocity IP (VIP), an investment plan to expand and enhance its wireless and wired IP broadband networks, AT&T made 696 network upgrades statewide in 2013. Upgrades included new cell sites, the addition of wireless and wired network capacity and new broadband network connections. Additionally, AT&T expanded the reach of its network, providing access to U-verse Internet and video services to nearly 33,000 new customer locations and delivered fiber-optic connections to 605 business locations at 28 multi-tenant business buildings and business parks.
“AT&T is making robust technology investments locally to make sure that Mississippians can take full advantage of the latest services and tools available,” said Mayo Flynt, president, AT&T Mississippi.
In 2013, several markets in Mississippi were added and expanded within AT&T’s extensive LTE network including Biloxi-Gulfport, Grenada, Oxford, Corinth-New Albany, Hattiesburg, Starkville, Greenwood-Cleveland, Jackson, Laurel and Meridian.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren