Mississippi Municipal League hires Chris Hinton
The Mississippi Municipal League (MML) has hired Chris Hinton of Raymond as its director of governmental affairs. Hinton brings over 10 years of professional and communal service through his previous roles with Natchez Inc., Center for Business Development & Economic Research, Jackson Redevelopment Authority, Mississippi Economic Development Council and Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation Services in Disability Determination.
Hinton obtained a master’s degree in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi and a bachelor’s in economics-business administration from Tougaloo College. He is currently a member of the Mississippi Economic Development Council, Mississippi Economic Council and the Southern Economic Development Council. He also serves as treasurer for the Mississippi District Export Council through the U.S. Department of Commerce.
In 2012, Hinton was honored by the Mississippi Business Journal as one of the state’s Top 40 Under 40 Business Leaders. He also was selected as the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Mississippi 2013 Minority Small Business Champion in recognition of National Small Business Week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing