Mississippi Municipal League hires Chris Hinton
The Mississippi Municipal League (MML) has hired Chris Hinton of Raymond as its director of governmental affairs. Hinton brings over 10 years of professional and communal service through his previous roles with Natchez Inc., Center for Business Development & Economic Research, Jackson Redevelopment Authority, Mississippi Economic Development Council and Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation Services in Disability Determination.
Hinton obtained a master’s degree in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi and a bachelor’s in economics-business administration from Tougaloo College. He is currently a member of the Mississippi Economic Development Council, Mississippi Economic Council and the Southern Economic Development Council. He also serves as treasurer for the Mississippi District Export Council through the U.S. Department of Commerce.
In 2012, Hinton was honored by the Mississippi Business Journal as one of the state’s Top 40 Under 40 Business Leaders. He also was selected as the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Mississippi 2013 Minority Small Business Champion in recognition of National Small Business Week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history