Mississippi Municipal League hires Chris Hinton
The Mississippi Municipal League (MML) has hired Chris Hinton of Raymond as its director of governmental affairs. Hinton brings over 10 years of professional and communal service through his previous roles with Natchez Inc., Center for Business Development & Economic Research, Jackson Redevelopment Authority, Mississippi Economic Development Council and Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation Services in Disability Determination.
Hinton obtained a master’s degree in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi and a bachelor’s in economics-business administration from Tougaloo College. He is currently a member of the Mississippi Economic Development Council, Mississippi Economic Council and the Southern Economic Development Council. He also serves as treasurer for the Mississippi District Export Council through the U.S. Department of Commerce.
In 2012, Hinton was honored by the Mississippi Business Journal as one of the state’s Top 40 Under 40 Business Leaders. He also was selected as the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Mississippi 2013 Minority Small Business Champion in recognition of National Small Business Week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines