Mississippi Municipal League hires Chris Hinton
The Mississippi Municipal League (MML) has hired Chris Hinton of Raymond as its director of governmental affairs. Hinton brings over 10 years of professional and communal service through his previous roles with Natchez Inc., Center for Business Development & Economic Research, Jackson Redevelopment Authority, Mississippi Economic Development Council and Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation Services in Disability Determination.
Hinton obtained a master’s degree in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi and a bachelor’s in economics-business administration from Tougaloo College. He is currently a member of the Mississippi Economic Development Council, Mississippi Economic Council and the Southern Economic Development Council. He also serves as treasurer for the Mississippi District Export Council through the U.S. Department of Commerce.
In 2012, Hinton was honored by the Mississippi Business Journal as one of the state’s Top 40 Under 40 Business Leaders. He also was selected as the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Mississippi 2013 Minority Small Business Champion in recognition of National Small Business Week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years