MSU’s John Forde named to national boards
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2014
Associate professor John E. Forde, the head of Mississippi State University’s communication department, now serves on two national boards dealing with public relations education. Forde recently was appointed to the Universal Accreditation Board of the Public Relations Society of America and the UAB’s Commission on Public Relations Education. The UAB appointment represents Forde’s second term on the body. His first term from 2007-2012 resulted from an appointment by the Southern Public Relations Federation.
An MSU communication/public relations graduate, Forde holds master’s and doctoral degrees in public relations and communication, respectively, from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Forde, who has held UAB accreditation for 20 years and was named in 2010 to the PRSA College of Fellows, long has advocated for accreditation of the public relations profession. He has served as SPRF vice president for accreditation and numerous related committees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports