MSU’s John Forde named to national boards
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2014
Associate professor John E. Forde, the head of Mississippi State University’s communication department, now serves on two national boards dealing with public relations education. Forde recently was appointed to the Universal Accreditation Board of the Public Relations Society of America and the UAB’s Commission on Public Relations Education. The UAB appointment represents Forde’s second term on the body. His first term from 2007-2012 resulted from an appointment by the Southern Public Relations Federation.
An MSU communication/public relations graduate, Forde holds master’s and doctoral degrees in public relations and communication, respectively, from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Forde, who has held UAB accreditation for 20 years and was named in 2010 to the PRSA College of Fellows, long has advocated for accreditation of the public relations profession. He has served as SPRF vice president for accreditation and numerous related committees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators