MSU’s John Forde named to national boards
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2014
Associate professor John E. Forde, the head of Mississippi State University’s communication department, now serves on two national boards dealing with public relations education. Forde recently was appointed to the Universal Accreditation Board of the Public Relations Society of America and the UAB’s Commission on Public Relations Education. The UAB appointment represents Forde’s second term on the body. His first term from 2007-2012 resulted from an appointment by the Southern Public Relations Federation.
An MSU communication/public relations graduate, Forde holds master’s and doctoral degrees in public relations and communication, respectively, from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Forde, who has held UAB accreditation for 20 years and was named in 2010 to the PRSA College of Fellows, long has advocated for accreditation of the public relations profession. He has served as SPRF vice president for accreditation and numerous related committees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed