Seminar focused on trading in the Philippines to be offered next month
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2014
Tags: Brent Christensen, economic development, export, global economy, international trade, Mississippi Development Authority, Mississippi World Trade Center, seminar, the Philippines, U.S. Department of Commerce
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority, Mississippi World Trade Center and the U.S. Department of Commerce will present a seminar titled Exploring Business Opportunities in the Philippines April 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event will be held in the Collaboratory at the MS e-Center at Jackson State University, located at 1230 Raymond Road in Jackson.
Mississippi businesses interested in learning about trade opportunities in the Philippines are invited to attend the seminar. James McCarthy, senior commercial officer with the U.S. Commercial Service in Manila, Philippines, will provide information about market entry strategies, trade statistics and export trends in the region.
“This seminar is an excellent opportunity for Mississippi businesses interested in exporting or expanding trade in the Philippines,” said MDA executive director Brent Christensen. “Companies in all industries can benefit from attending the seminar, with numerous opportunities for small to medium-sized businesses to assist with recovery and rebuilding efforts following Typhoon Yolanda. This seminar will arm participants with the knowledge needed to capitalize upon the opportunities available in the region.”
In 2013, U. S. exports to the Philippines accounted for $8.4 billion, and Mississippi exports to the region were more than $21 million.
In August 2014, MDA will lead a delegation of Mississippi companies on a business development mission to Southeast Asia, with stops in the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam. The seminar will provide attendees interested in joining the delegation with valuable information needed to prepare for the trip in advance. Additionally, participating companies will have the opportunity to sign up for one-on-one consultations with McCarthy, which will be scheduled after the event on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration is $20 and includes breakfast and materials. To register, visit 1.usa.gov/1fTqWdP. For more information, contact MDA trade specialist Regina Todd at email@example.com or (601) 359-5756.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that