Ag Museum introduces new branding effort
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2014
JACKSON — The Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum has unveiled a new branding strategy, which includes a new logo and updated website as well as promotional materials and design templates for way-finding signage.
“The Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum is made up of many facets from the exhibit gallery to Small Town and rental facilities. This ‘new look’ will help us to connect all of the different offerings on the Museum campus so that the public has a better of understanding of who we are and the purpose we serve. This will be especially important in the future as we continue making improvements to the grounds, buildings, exhibits, and educational programs,” said Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce Cindy Hyde-Smith.
The new logo provides a visual identity for the museum representing Mississippi farmland and how farming has progressed over time. It portrays the idea that the entire state of Mississippi is involved in farming and agricultural practices. The rows draw the eye from the Coast up to the Delta and Hill Country and can be viewed as going into infinity to symbolize the self-sufficiency of people.
The tag line “Cultivating Mississippi” used in one of the logos is a reflection of not only cultivating the soil but telling the story of the progression of Mississippi culture as well. The color palette is very organic and was taken from actual colors of artifacts on the museum campus.
“The new branding strategy sets a new standard for our future. The logo system will move us forward as we incorporate them into our planning, reinterpreting, and redesign of exhibit spaces and event programming,” said Lise Foy, director of the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino