TVA to discuss long-range energy resources plan
Published: March 24,2014
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority is set to discuss progress in updating the utilities long-range energy resources plan along with more than 1,100 comments from the public.
The forum is scheduled for Wednesday at 7 p.m. EDT at TVA’s Missionary Ridge office building in Chattanooga, Tenn., and through a simultaneous online webinar link.
The 2015 Integrated Resource Plan is being revised to help TVA determine power generation resources that will continue to balance the region’s energy supply among a variety of sources, including nuclear, coal, gas, hydroelectric, renewables and energy efficiency.
The updated IRP, to be completed in about a year, will address changes in the economy and the electric utility industry since the existing energy plan was completed in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release