TVA to discuss long-range energy resources plan
Published: March 24,2014
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority is set to discuss progress in updating the utilities long-range energy resources plan along with more than 1,100 comments from the public.
The forum is scheduled for Wednesday at 7 p.m. EDT at TVA’s Missionary Ridge office building in Chattanooga, Tenn., and through a simultaneous online webinar link.
The 2015 Integrated Resource Plan is being revised to help TVA determine power generation resources that will continue to balance the region’s energy supply among a variety of sources, including nuclear, coal, gas, hydroelectric, renewables and energy efficiency.
The updated IRP, to be completed in about a year, will address changes in the economy and the electric utility industry since the existing energy plan was completed in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image