TVA to discuss long-range energy resources plan
Published: March 24,2014
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority is set to discuss progress in updating the utilities long-range energy resources plan along with more than 1,100 comments from the public.
The forum is scheduled for Wednesday at 7 p.m. EDT at TVA’s Missionary Ridge office building in Chattanooga, Tenn., and through a simultaneous online webinar link.
The 2015 Integrated Resource Plan is being revised to help TVA determine power generation resources that will continue to balance the region’s energy supply among a variety of sources, including nuclear, coal, gas, hydroelectric, renewables and energy efficiency.
The updated IRP, to be completed in about a year, will address changes in the economy and the electric utility industry since the existing energy plan was completed in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson