TVA to discuss long-range energy resources plan
Published: March 24,2014
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority is set to discuss progress in updating the utilities long-range energy resources plan along with more than 1,100 comments from the public.
The forum is scheduled for Wednesday at 7 p.m. EDT at TVA’s Missionary Ridge office building in Chattanooga, Tenn., and through a simultaneous online webinar link.
The 2015 Integrated Resource Plan is being revised to help TVA determine power generation resources that will continue to balance the region’s energy supply among a variety of sources, including nuclear, coal, gas, hydroelectric, renewables and energy efficiency.
The updated IRP, to be completed in about a year, will address changes in the economy and the electric utility industry since the existing energy plan was completed in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits