Candidates line up to become next Sandersville mayor
Published: March 25,2014
Tags: alderman, Bob White, candidate, city government, Darlene B. Hill, election, Jimmy Hill, mayor, political campaign, politician, Politics, poll, special election, town of Sandersville, vote, voter, Voting, Walter H. "Buzz" Jack
SANDERSVILLE — Three candidates have qualified to run in the April 8 special election for mayor of Sandersville in Jones County.
The election was made necessary after the death of Mayor Jimmy Hill in February. Alderman Bob White has been acting mayor for the city.
The winner will complete Hill’s term.
The Chronicle reports the candidates are White; Hill’s widow, Darlene B. Hill; and current alderman and former mayor Walter H. “Buzz” Jack.
Polls will open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. on April 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62