Candidates line up to become next Sandersville mayor
Published: March 25,2014
Tags: alderman, Bob White, candidate, city government, Darlene B. Hill, election, Jimmy Hill, mayor, political campaign, politician, Politics, poll, special election, town of Sandersville, vote, voter, Voting, Walter H. "Buzz" Jack
SANDERSVILLE — Three candidates have qualified to run in the April 8 special election for mayor of Sandersville in Jones County.
The election was made necessary after the death of Mayor Jimmy Hill in February. Alderman Bob White has been acting mayor for the city.
The winner will complete Hill’s term.
The Chronicle reports the candidates are White; Hill’s widow, Darlene B. Hill; and current alderman and former mayor Walter H. “Buzz” Jack.
Polls will open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. on April 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion