Candidates line up to become next Sandersville mayor
Published: March 25,2014
Tags: alderman, Bob White, candidate, city government, Darlene B. Hill, election, Jimmy Hill, mayor, political campaign, politician, Politics, poll, special election, town of Sandersville, vote, voter, Voting, Walter H. "Buzz" Jack
SANDERSVILLE — Three candidates have qualified to run in the April 8 special election for mayor of Sandersville in Jones County.
The election was made necessary after the death of Mayor Jimmy Hill in February. Alderman Bob White has been acting mayor for the city.
The winner will complete Hill’s term.
The Chronicle reports the candidates are White; Hill’s widow, Darlene B. Hill; and current alderman and former mayor Walter H. “Buzz” Jack.
Polls will open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. on April 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis