Candidates line up to become next Sandersville mayor
Published: March 25,2014
Tags: alderman, Bob White, candidate, city government, Darlene B. Hill, election, Jimmy Hill, mayor, political campaign, politician, Politics, poll, special election, town of Sandersville, vote, voter, Voting, Walter H. "Buzz" Jack
SANDERSVILLE — Three candidates have qualified to run in the April 8 special election for mayor of Sandersville in Jones County.
The election was made necessary after the death of Mayor Jimmy Hill in February. Alderman Bob White has been acting mayor for the city.
The winner will complete Hill’s term.
The Chronicle reports the candidates are White; Hill’s widow, Darlene B. Hill; and current alderman and former mayor Walter H. “Buzz” Jack.
Polls will open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. on April 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast