Candidates line up to become next Sandersville mayor
Published: March 25,2014
Tags: alderman, Bob White, candidate, city government, Darlene B. Hill, election, Jimmy Hill, mayor, political campaign, politician, Politics, poll, special election, town of Sandersville, vote, voter, Voting, Walter H. "Buzz" Jack
SANDERSVILLE — Three candidates have qualified to run in the April 8 special election for mayor of Sandersville in Jones County.
The election was made necessary after the death of Mayor Jimmy Hill in February. Alderman Bob White has been acting mayor for the city.
The winner will complete Hill’s term.
The Chronicle reports the candidates are White; Hill’s widow, Darlene B. Hill; and current alderman and former mayor Walter H. “Buzz” Jack.
Polls will open at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. on April 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete