MEC poll: Health care ranks tops among Jackson businesses
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 26,2014
Tags: Blake Wilsom, Blueprint Mississippi, chamber of commerce, community development, economic development, health care, medical, medicine, Mississippi Economic Council, Pathway to Progress Tour, poll
JACKSON — Business and community leaders in the Jackson area believe health care tops the list of opportunities for future economic growth in their area, according to a Dec. 17, 2013, survey.
The survey was part of the Mississippi Economic Council’s Blueprint Mississippi Pathway to Progress Tour that traveled to 19 cities in all regions of Mississippi over the last four months. Through an electronic response process, participants were able to provide instant feedback on issues facing their region and the state as a whole.
Attendees of the Jackson Tour stop were polled on which Blueprint Mississippi goals should be considered top priorities. Responses were spread amongst multiple topics, with 18 percent indicating that educational achievement was the top priority and 16 percent voting economic competitiveness and infrastructure as close seconds.
Attendees also weighed in strongly on economic development issues, with 84 percent indicating that career and technical education was of major importance in meeting future workforce needs. Transportation infrastructure was also a significant concern, with over 87 percent ranking it very important to growing Mississippi’s economy.
MEC president Blake Wilson said, “Leaders in Jackson are in line with other leaders throughout Mississippi in their ranking of important economic development issues. What we found particularly encouraging in Jackson was the great optimism about the direction the state is moving, and we look forward to continued partnerships from this area of the state.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job