7 Best Golf Courses in Mississippi: Top 19th Hole – Fallen Oak
by For the MBJ
Published: March 27,2014
In 2013, Sports Illustrated’s golf.com website ranked the top 19 19th holes in the world and listed the bar at Fallen Oak as No. 6, behind Dunvegan Hotel and Lounge Bar at legendary St. Andrew’s in Scotland, and ahead of the bars at places like Pebble Beach and Pinehurst Resort.
Who are we to argue?
From a panoramic view behind the sunken bar, you can look out throw large windows and see the 18th hole, a beautiful lake and the namesake majestic Fallen Oak that guards the 18th fairway.
Said Champions Tour golfer Jim Gallagher Jr.: “Fallen Oak has one of the coolest views.”
Wrote Sports Illustrated: “Fallen Oak is a low-key, Old South treat.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “7 Best Golf Courses in Mississippi: Top 19th Hole – Fallen Oak”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement