7 Best Golf Courses in Mississippi: Top 19th Hole – Fallen Oak
by For the MBJ
Published: March 27,2014
In 2013, Sports Illustrated’s golf.com website ranked the top 19 19th holes in the world and listed the bar at Fallen Oak as No. 6, behind Dunvegan Hotel and Lounge Bar at legendary St. Andrew’s in Scotland, and ahead of the bars at places like Pebble Beach and Pinehurst Resort.
Who are we to argue?
From a panoramic view behind the sunken bar, you can look out throw large windows and see the 18th hole, a beautiful lake and the namesake majestic Fallen Oak that guards the 18th fairway.
Said Champions Tour golfer Jim Gallagher Jr.: “Fallen Oak has one of the coolest views.”
Wrote Sports Illustrated: “Fallen Oak is a low-key, Old South treat.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “7 Best Golf Courses in Mississippi: Top 19th Hole – Fallen Oak”
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful