7 Best Golf Courses in Mississippi: Top 19th Hole – Fallen Oak
by For the MBJ
Published: March 27,2014
In 2013, Sports Illustrated’s golf.com website ranked the top 19 19th holes in the world and listed the bar at Fallen Oak as No. 6, behind Dunvegan Hotel and Lounge Bar at legendary St. Andrew’s in Scotland, and ahead of the bars at places like Pebble Beach and Pinehurst Resort.
Who are we to argue?
From a panoramic view behind the sunken bar, you can look out throw large windows and see the 18th hole, a beautiful lake and the namesake majestic Fallen Oak that guards the 18th fairway.
Said Champions Tour golfer Jim Gallagher Jr.: “Fallen Oak has one of the coolest views.”
Wrote Sports Illustrated: “Fallen Oak is a low-key, Old South treat.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “7 Best Golf Courses in Mississippi: Top 19th Hole – Fallen Oak”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation