Jason Keith named interim dean of the Bagley College of Engineering at Mississippi State
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2014
Mississippi State University’s Swalm School of Chemical Engineering director Jason Keith is now the interim dean of the Bagley College of Engineering. Keith came to Mississippi State in 2011 as the Earnest W. Deavenport Jr. chair and director of chemical engineering. For the past seven months he also has served as the director of the MSU Energy Institute. Since joining the faculty Keith has been active in developing innovative teaching methods in engineering, which have been honored by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers. He recently began two-year terms as a member of the Tennessee Valley Authority Energy Resource Council and chair of the education division of AIChE.
Prior to joining the Bagley College, Keith spent 11 years on the faculty at Michigan Technological University, being recommended for full professor status shortly before leaving for the Magnolia State. He holds bachelor’s and doctoral degrees in chemical engineering from the University of Akron and the University of Notre Dame, respectively.
Associate professor Bill Elmore will serve as interim leader of chemical engineering in Keith’s absence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge