Dan Carney returns home from Afghanistan
Dan Carney, lead electrician with the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District, operations and maintenance branch, recently returned from a 13-month deployment to Kabul, Afghanistan. This was his third tour in four years in support of Overseas Contingency Operations/Operation Enduring Freedom. Most recently, Carney was stationed at Camp Phoenix where he was assigned to the Kabul Area Office as the lead contracting officer representative (COR)/facility manager.
He was awarded the NATO Medal, the Commander’s Award for Civilian Service Medal, and the Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism.
Carney is a native of Alexandria, La., and is married to the former Tina Bordelon of Alexandria.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Dan Carney returns home from Afghanistan”
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'