Dan Carney returns home from Afghanistan
Dan Carney, lead electrician with the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District, operations and maintenance branch, recently returned from a 13-month deployment to Kabul, Afghanistan. This was his third tour in four years in support of Overseas Contingency Operations/Operation Enduring Freedom. Most recently, Carney was stationed at Camp Phoenix where he was assigned to the Kabul Area Office as the lead contracting officer representative (COR)/facility manager.
He was awarded the NATO Medal, the Commander’s Award for Civilian Service Medal, and the Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism.
Carney is a native of Alexandria, La., and is married to the former Tina Bordelon of Alexandria.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Dan Carney returns home from Afghanistan”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement