Mary Ruth Wright named principal at Oxford Elementary School
by Ross Reily
Published: March 28,2014
Mary Ruth Wright is the new principal to lead Oxford Elementary School for the 2014-2015 school year. Wright is currently the director of special education for the Tupelo School District. She has 21 years of teaching experience with 14 of those spent as a school administrator. Wright also gained educational leadership experience as director of special programs at Amory School District. Her classroom experience includes teaching special education for Lee County School District and Tate County School District and elementary education for Okolona School District and West Point School District.
She earned her undergraduate degree in elementary education and master’s degree in educational leadership from Mississippi State University. She will complete an educational specialist degree in educational leadership from Delta State University this May.
Wright is an active in community involvement as a member of Kiwanis International, Altrusa International, the Council for Exceptional Children and the Mississippi Association of School Administrators.
She is married to Tommy Wright, and they have two children, Mary Elizabeth and Will, who will attend Oxford schools in the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags