Mary Ruth Wright named principal at Oxford Elementary School
by Ross Reily
Published: March 28,2014
Mary Ruth Wright is the new principal to lead Oxford Elementary School for the 2014-2015 school year. Wright is currently the director of special education for the Tupelo School District. She has 21 years of teaching experience with 14 of those spent as a school administrator. Wright also gained educational leadership experience as director of special programs at Amory School District. Her classroom experience includes teaching special education for Lee County School District and Tate County School District and elementary education for Okolona School District and West Point School District.
She earned her undergraduate degree in elementary education and master’s degree in educational leadership from Mississippi State University. She will complete an educational specialist degree in educational leadership from Delta State University this May.
Wright is an active in community involvement as a member of Kiwanis International, Altrusa International, the Council for Exceptional Children and the Mississippi Association of School Administrators.
She is married to Tommy Wright, and they have two children, Mary Elizabeth and Will, who will attend Oxford schools in the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?