Mary Ruth Wright named principal at Oxford Elementary School
by Ross Reily
Published: March 28,2014
Mary Ruth Wright is the new principal to lead Oxford Elementary School for the 2014-2015 school year. Wright is currently the director of special education for the Tupelo School District. She has 21 years of teaching experience with 14 of those spent as a school administrator. Wright also gained educational leadership experience as director of special programs at Amory School District. Her classroom experience includes teaching special education for Lee County School District and Tate County School District and elementary education for Okolona School District and West Point School District.
She earned her undergraduate degree in elementary education and master’s degree in educational leadership from Mississippi State University. She will complete an educational specialist degree in educational leadership from Delta State University this May.
Wright is an active in community involvement as a member of Kiwanis International, Altrusa International, the Council for Exceptional Children and the Mississippi Association of School Administrators.
She is married to Tommy Wright, and they have two children, Mary Elizabeth and Will, who will attend Oxford schools in the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training