Mary Ruth Wright named principal at Oxford Elementary School
by Ross Reily
Published: March 28,2014
Mary Ruth Wright is the new principal to lead Oxford Elementary School for the 2014-2015 school year. Wright is currently the director of special education for the Tupelo School District. She has 21 years of teaching experience with 14 of those spent as a school administrator. Wright also gained educational leadership experience as director of special programs at Amory School District. Her classroom experience includes teaching special education for Lee County School District and Tate County School District and elementary education for Okolona School District and West Point School District.
She earned her undergraduate degree in elementary education and master’s degree in educational leadership from Mississippi State University. She will complete an educational specialist degree in educational leadership from Delta State University this May.
Wright is an active in community involvement as a member of Kiwanis International, Altrusa International, the Council for Exceptional Children and the Mississippi Association of School Administrators.
She is married to Tommy Wright, and they have two children, Mary Elizabeth and Will, who will attend Oxford schools in the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal