Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
by Ross Reily
Published: March 31,2014
Kelly Boutwell is the new director of member involvement at the Mississippi Economic Council, joining MEC from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where she served as senior marketing specialist. She began her professional career as service manager at BRAVO! Italian Restaurant, where she became the state’s youngest certified sommelier at age 23. Boutwell is a native of Forest. She attended Millsaps College, where she earned a bachelor of arts degree in sociology and an MBA degree from the Else School of Management.
Also, Jason Word is now the manager of programs, administration & policy for MEC after working exclusively in sales. Word joined MEC in 2007 as a membership sales representative, primarily focused on new membership sales, member retention, as well as sponsorship sales. Prior to joining MEC, Word worked primarily in banking and the pharmaceutical sales industry. A native of Jackson, he graduated from Mississippi State University with a degree in business administration. He currently resides in Ridgeland with his wife, Melissa, daughter, Madison, and son, Justin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager