Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
by Ross Reily
Published: March 31,2014
Kelly Boutwell is the new director of member involvement at the Mississippi Economic Council, joining MEC from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where she served as senior marketing specialist. She began her professional career as service manager at BRAVO! Italian Restaurant, where she became the state’s youngest certified sommelier at age 23. Boutwell is a native of Forest. She attended Millsaps College, where she earned a bachelor of arts degree in sociology and an MBA degree from the Else School of Management.
Also, Jason Word is now the manager of programs, administration & policy for MEC after working exclusively in sales. Word joined MEC in 2007 as a membership sales representative, primarily focused on new membership sales, member retention, as well as sponsorship sales. Prior to joining MEC, Word worked primarily in banking and the pharmaceutical sales industry. A native of Jackson, he graduated from Mississippi State University with a degree in business administration. He currently resides in Ridgeland with his wife, Melissa, daughter, Madison, and son, Justin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity