Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
by Ross Reily
Published: March 31,2014
Kelly Boutwell is the new director of member involvement at the Mississippi Economic Council, joining MEC from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where she served as senior marketing specialist. She began her professional career as service manager at BRAVO! Italian Restaurant, where she became the state’s youngest certified sommelier at age 23. Boutwell is a native of Forest. She attended Millsaps College, where she earned a bachelor of arts degree in sociology and an MBA degree from the Else School of Management.
Also, Jason Word is now the manager of programs, administration & policy for MEC after working exclusively in sales. Word joined MEC in 2007 as a membership sales representative, primarily focused on new membership sales, member retention, as well as sponsorship sales. Prior to joining MEC, Word worked primarily in banking and the pharmaceutical sales industry. A native of Jackson, he graduated from Mississippi State University with a degree in business administration. He currently resides in Ridgeland with his wife, Melissa, daughter, Madison, and son, Justin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion