Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
by Ross Reily
Published: March 31,2014
Kelly Boutwell is the new director of member involvement at the Mississippi Economic Council, joining MEC from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where she served as senior marketing specialist. She began her professional career as service manager at BRAVO! Italian Restaurant, where she became the state’s youngest certified sommelier at age 23. Boutwell is a native of Forest. She attended Millsaps College, where she earned a bachelor of arts degree in sociology and an MBA degree from the Else School of Management.
Also, Jason Word is now the manager of programs, administration & policy for MEC after working exclusively in sales. Word joined MEC in 2007 as a membership sales representative, primarily focused on new membership sales, member retention, as well as sponsorship sales. Prior to joining MEC, Word worked primarily in banking and the pharmaceutical sales industry. A native of Jackson, he graduated from Mississippi State University with a degree in business administration. He currently resides in Ridgeland with his wife, Melissa, daughter, Madison, and son, Justin.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion