MDMR closes oyster reefs due to heavy rains
Published: March 31,2014
GULF OF MEXICO — Heavy rain has prompted Mississippi officials to close oyster reefs.
Mississippi’s Department of Marine Resources said in a news release that all reefs closed at 4 p.m. Friday. No specific date for re-opening was given. Officials said the reefs will reopen when water samples meet state criteria.
Heavy rainfall can affect salinity and bacteria levels in oyster areas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Baker Donelson recognized
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Coyotes are wily predators and pests in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur