Another fiberhood meets C Spire’s pre-registration criteria
Published: April 1,2014
RIDGELAND — C Spire reports that homeowner pre-registration exceeded the required threshold in a second area of the city of Ridgeland over the weekend — helping it qualify for the company’s 1 Gbps (Gigabit per second) fiber to the home Internet service and related digital TV and home phone services.
Ridgeland’s Old Agency East fiberhood, which includes the Dinsmor and Greenwood Plantation neighborhoods, reached its 45 pre-registration target on Saturday and now joins the Bridgewater fiberhood, which qualified late last month along with areas in the cities of Horn Lake, Starkville and the entire town of Quitman for service that promises Internet access up to 100 times faster than national average broadband speeds.
The six areas in the four cities now move into the next phase of the initiative where C Spire puts the finishing touches on engineering plans, meets with city officials and residents and starts construction of the fiber infrastructure that will serve as the platform for the next-generation services.
Ridgeland Mayor Gene McGee said, “I really believe we’ve hit a critical mass in Ridgeland and now we’re going to start seeing more areas qualify more quickly over the next several weeks. That’s a good thing because we want to ensure that this service is available in every area of our city where residents want it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren