Mark Peterman joins MSU extension service
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2014
Mark Peterman, a native of Gulfport, has joined the Mississippi State University Extension Service as the new aquaculture associate. Peterman returned to MSU after nine years at Auburn University’s School of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences, where he was a member of the farm management team.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in fisheries management from MSU and a master’s degree in aquaculture from Auburn University. After graduating MSU, Peterman served as facility manager of the aquaculture unit at the H.H. Leveck Animal Research Center on the MSU campus. He also managed the MSU Coastal Aquaculture Unit in Gulfport and the Experimental Seafood Processing Laboratory in Pascagoula.
Peterman is a member of several professional organizations, including Catfish Farmers of America, World Aquaculture Society, American Fisheries Society, Alabama Fisheries Association and the Aquatic Plant Management Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor