Mark Peterman joins MSU extension service
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2014
Mark Peterman, a native of Gulfport, has joined the Mississippi State University Extension Service as the new aquaculture associate. Peterman returned to MSU after nine years at Auburn University’s School of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences, where he was a member of the farm management team.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in fisheries management from MSU and a master’s degree in aquaculture from Auburn University. After graduating MSU, Peterman served as facility manager of the aquaculture unit at the H.H. Leveck Animal Research Center on the MSU campus. He also managed the MSU Coastal Aquaculture Unit in Gulfport and the Experimental Seafood Processing Laboratory in Pascagoula.
Peterman is a member of several professional organizations, including Catfish Farmers of America, World Aquaculture Society, American Fisheries Society, Alabama Fisheries Association and the Aquatic Plant Management Society.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion