Seetha Srinivasan named to ProLiteracy Executive Committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2014
ProLiteracy, a national adult literacy organization, has named Seetha Srinivasan of Jackson as secretary of the board to its Executive Committee. Srinivasan is director emerita, former associate director and former editor-in-chief of the University Press of Mississippi. From 2003 to 2004, she was president of the Association of American University Presses. She was an external reviewer for the Indiana Historical Society Press, the University of Tennessee Press and the Texas Christian University Press. She is a current member of the board of directors of the Women’s Fund of Mississippi and a former member of the board of trustees of Leadership Jackson.
In 2002, Srinivasan received the Association of American Presses Constituency Award for Outstanding Service to the University Press Community. In 1998, she received the Jim Livesay Service Award from Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi.
Srinivasan holds a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree from the University of Poona in India, a master’s degree from Mills College and a master’s degree from the University of Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics