Seetha Srinivasan named to ProLiteracy Executive Committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2014
ProLiteracy, a national adult literacy organization, has named Seetha Srinivasan of Jackson as secretary of the board to its Executive Committee. Srinivasan is director emerita, former associate director and former editor-in-chief of the University Press of Mississippi. From 2003 to 2004, she was president of the Association of American University Presses. She was an external reviewer for the Indiana Historical Society Press, the University of Tennessee Press and the Texas Christian University Press. She is a current member of the board of directors of the Women’s Fund of Mississippi and a former member of the board of trustees of Leadership Jackson.
In 2002, Srinivasan received the Association of American Presses Constituency Award for Outstanding Service to the University Press Community. In 1998, she received the Jim Livesay Service Award from Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi.
Srinivasan holds a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree from the University of Poona in India, a master’s degree from Mills College and a master’s degree from the University of Florida.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015