USM’s Dr. Eric Powell selected for Gulf Coast’s Masters Program
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2014
Dr. Eric Powell, director of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL) in Ocean Springs, has been selected to be part of this year’s 2014 Masters Program announced by the Gulf Coast Business Council Research Foundation. Powell came to GCRL from the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory, located at the School of Environmental and Biological Science at Rutgers University where he was a professor. Previously serving as director of the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory from 1996-2010, Powell began his role at GCRL in September 2012.
A native of Millbach, Pa., Powell earned both his master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of North Carolina in 1976 and 1978, respectively. He earned his bachelor of science degree at the University of Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House