USM’s Dr. Eric Powell selected for Gulf Coast’s Masters Program
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2014
Dr. Eric Powell, director of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL) in Ocean Springs, has been selected to be part of this year’s 2014 Masters Program announced by the Gulf Coast Business Council Research Foundation. Powell came to GCRL from the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory, located at the School of Environmental and Biological Science at Rutgers University where he was a professor. Previously serving as director of the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory from 1996-2010, Powell began his role at GCRL in September 2012.
A native of Millbach, Pa., Powell earned both his master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of North Carolina in 1976 and 1978, respectively. He earned his bachelor of science degree at the University of Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports