USM’s Dr. Eric Powell selected for Gulf Coast’s Masters Program
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2014
Dr. Eric Powell, director of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL) in Ocean Springs, has been selected to be part of this year’s 2014 Masters Program announced by the Gulf Coast Business Council Research Foundation. Powell came to GCRL from the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory, located at the School of Environmental and Biological Science at Rutgers University where he was a professor. Previously serving as director of the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory from 1996-2010, Powell began his role at GCRL in September 2012.
A native of Millbach, Pa., Powell earned both his master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of North Carolina in 1976 and 1978, respectively. He earned his bachelor of science degree at the University of Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal