USM’s Dr. Eric Powell selected for Gulf Coast’s Masters Program
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 1,2014
Dr. Eric Powell, director of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL) in Ocean Springs, has been selected to be part of this year’s 2014 Masters Program announced by the Gulf Coast Business Council Research Foundation. Powell came to GCRL from the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory, located at the School of Environmental and Biological Science at Rutgers University where he was a professor. Previously serving as director of the Haskin Shellfish Research Laboratory from 1996-2010, Powell began his role at GCRL in September 2012.
A native of Millbach, Pa., Powell earned both his master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of North Carolina in 1976 and 1978, respectively. He earned his bachelor of science degree at the University of Washington.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015