Legislator in critical condition after falling at home
Published: April 2,2014
MERIDIAN — State Sen. Videt Carmichael is hospitalized in Jackson for a head injury after falling at his apartment.
Carmichael, a Republican from Meridian, has served 14 years in the Senate from Lauderdale and Clarke counties.
Carmichael’s son, Fredie Carmichael, says his father is in critical but stable condition in the intensive care unit at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. A neurosurgical team continues to monitor him, his son says.
Fredie Carmichael says his father went home from the Capitol on Monday after complaining of headaches and nausea. Carmichael says his father collapsed and hit his head on the concrete.
Fredie Carmichael says an operation fixed his father’s bleeding ulcer but doctors are monitoring swelling in the senator’s brain from the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Legislator in critical condition after falling at home”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager