Legislator in critical condition after falling at home
Published: April 2,2014
MERIDIAN — State Sen. Videt Carmichael is hospitalized in Jackson for a head injury after falling at his apartment.
Carmichael, a Republican from Meridian, has served 14 years in the Senate from Lauderdale and Clarke counties.
Carmichael’s son, Fredie Carmichael, says his father is in critical but stable condition in the intensive care unit at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. A neurosurgical team continues to monitor him, his son says.
Fredie Carmichael says his father went home from the Capitol on Monday after complaining of headaches and nausea. Carmichael says his father collapsed and hit his head on the concrete.
Fredie Carmichael says an operation fixed his father’s bleeding ulcer but doctors are monitoring swelling in the senator’s brain from the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Legislator in critical condition after falling at home”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option