Legislator in critical condition after falling at home
Published: April 2,2014
MERIDIAN — State Sen. Videt Carmichael is hospitalized in Jackson for a head injury after falling at his apartment.
Carmichael, a Republican from Meridian, has served 14 years in the Senate from Lauderdale and Clarke counties.
Carmichael’s son, Fredie Carmichael, says his father is in critical but stable condition in the intensive care unit at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. A neurosurgical team continues to monitor him, his son says.
Fredie Carmichael says his father went home from the Capitol on Monday after complaining of headaches and nausea. Carmichael says his father collapsed and hit his head on the concrete.
Fredie Carmichael says an operation fixed his father’s bleeding ulcer but doctors are monitoring swelling in the senator’s brain from the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Legislator in critical condition after falling at home”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)