Legislator in critical condition after falling at home
Published: April 2,2014
MERIDIAN — State Sen. Videt Carmichael is hospitalized in Jackson for a head injury after falling at his apartment.
Carmichael, a Republican from Meridian, has served 14 years in the Senate from Lauderdale and Clarke counties.
Carmichael’s son, Fredie Carmichael, says his father is in critical but stable condition in the intensive care unit at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. A neurosurgical team continues to monitor him, his son says.
Fredie Carmichael says his father went home from the Capitol on Monday after complaining of headaches and nausea. Carmichael says his father collapsed and hit his head on the concrete.
Fredie Carmichael says an operation fixed his father’s bleeding ulcer but doctors are monitoring swelling in the senator’s brain from the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Legislator in critical condition after falling at home”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency