Legislator in critical condition after falling at home
Published: April 2,2014
MERIDIAN — State Sen. Videt Carmichael is hospitalized in Jackson for a head injury after falling at his apartment.
Carmichael, a Republican from Meridian, has served 14 years in the Senate from Lauderdale and Clarke counties.
Carmichael’s son, Fredie Carmichael, says his father is in critical but stable condition in the intensive care unit at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. A neurosurgical team continues to monitor him, his son says.
Fredie Carmichael says his father went home from the Capitol on Monday after complaining of headaches and nausea. Carmichael says his father collapsed and hit his head on the concrete.
Fredie Carmichael says an operation fixed his father’s bleeding ulcer but doctors are monitoring swelling in the senator’s brain from the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Legislator in critical condition after falling at home”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.