Louisiana officials, FDIC give nod to bank branch in Natchez
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2014
Tags: bank, banking, Delta Bank, Ed Haworth, FDIC, Ferriday, finance, financial institution, Lake Providence, Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions, Natchez, state of Louisiana, Tallulah, Vidalia, Will Devening
NATCHEZ — The Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions and the FDIC have approved an application of Delta Bank of Vidalia, La., to open a full-service branch in Natchez.
Bank officials said the move twill position Delta Bank to enhance banking convenience in a region of the state it has long served and understands well.
The branch, at 507 John R. Junkin Drive, is expected to open in early summer with a full line of financial products and services.
Leading the bank’s Natchez market will be Natchez resident Will Devening.
Ed Haworth, president and CEO of Delta Bank, said, “We’ve met the financial needs of customers throughout the Miss-Lou, including Natchez, for a long time, especially when it comes to ag lending. Now, with Will positioned in that market, we’ll have a Natchez location led by a banker who is committed to customer service and wants his customers to succeed.”
Delta Bank, with total assets of $245 million at Dec. 31, 2013, operates one location in each of the following Louisiana communities: Vidalia, Ferriday, Tallulah and Lake Providence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren