Louisiana officials, FDIC give nod to bank branch in Natchez
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2014
Tags: bank, banking, Delta Bank, Ed Haworth, FDIC, Ferriday, finance, financial institution, Lake Providence, Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions, Natchez, state of Louisiana, Tallulah, Vidalia, Will Devening
NATCHEZ — The Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions and the FDIC have approved an application of Delta Bank of Vidalia, La., to open a full-service branch in Natchez.
Bank officials said the move twill position Delta Bank to enhance banking convenience in a region of the state it has long served and understands well.
The branch, at 507 John R. Junkin Drive, is expected to open in early summer with a full line of financial products and services.
Leading the bank’s Natchez market will be Natchez resident Will Devening.
Ed Haworth, president and CEO of Delta Bank, said, “We’ve met the financial needs of customers throughout the Miss-Lou, including Natchez, for a long time, especially when it comes to ag lending. Now, with Will positioned in that market, we’ll have a Natchez location led by a banker who is committed to customer service and wants his customers to succeed.”
Delta Bank, with total assets of $245 million at Dec. 31, 2013, operates one location in each of the following Louisiana communities: Vidalia, Ferriday, Tallulah and Lake Providence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues