Louisiana officials, FDIC give nod to bank branch in Natchez
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 2,2014
Tags: bank, banking, Delta Bank, Ed Haworth, FDIC, Ferriday, finance, financial institution, Lake Providence, Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions, Natchez, state of Louisiana, Tallulah, Vidalia, Will Devening
NATCHEZ — The Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions and the FDIC have approved an application of Delta Bank of Vidalia, La., to open a full-service branch in Natchez.
Bank officials said the move twill position Delta Bank to enhance banking convenience in a region of the state it has long served and understands well.
The branch, at 507 John R. Junkin Drive, is expected to open in early summer with a full line of financial products and services.
Leading the bank’s Natchez market will be Natchez resident Will Devening.
Ed Haworth, president and CEO of Delta Bank, said, “We’ve met the financial needs of customers throughout the Miss-Lou, including Natchez, for a long time, especially when it comes to ag lending. Now, with Will positioned in that market, we’ll have a Natchez location led by a banker who is committed to customer service and wants his customers to succeed.”
Delta Bank, with total assets of $245 million at Dec. 31, 2013, operates one location in each of the following Louisiana communities: Vidalia, Ferriday, Tallulah and Lake Providence.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts