The First opening loan office in Baton Rouge
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 7,2014
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, is opening of a new loan production office in Baton Rouge, La.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO of First Bancshares and The First, said, “We are excited to gain a larger presence in Louisiana with the entry into Baton Rouge and the addition of our new team members. Our new office will be led by local bankers with over 10 years of in-market experience who can offer our full array of commercial banking loan products and services.
“This is a great opportunity for our bank to enter a fast growing market with a commercial banking team that we are familiar with. We believe that by committing significant resources to the Baton Rouge expansion during 2014, we can substantially increase shareholder value by the end of 2015 and beyond. Expanding into Baton Rouge is a natural fit within our strategy of developing a franchise in south Mississippi, south Alabama and Louisiana.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement