The First opening loan office in Baton Rouge
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 7,2014
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, is opening of a new loan production office in Baton Rouge, La.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO of First Bancshares and The First, said, “We are excited to gain a larger presence in Louisiana with the entry into Baton Rouge and the addition of our new team members. Our new office will be led by local bankers with over 10 years of in-market experience who can offer our full array of commercial banking loan products and services.
“This is a great opportunity for our bank to enter a fast growing market with a commercial banking team that we are familiar with. We believe that by committing significant resources to the Baton Rouge expansion during 2014, we can substantially increase shareholder value by the end of 2015 and beyond. Expanding into Baton Rouge is a natural fit within our strategy of developing a franchise in south Mississippi, south Alabama and Louisiana.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet