MDA’s Entrepreneur Center in new first floor space in Woolfolk
The Mississippi Development Authority’s Entrepreneur Center has relocated to the Woolfolk Building’s first-floor in a move designed to make the Center and its resources more accessible to people who want to get a business off the ground.
Project managers will work from cubicles just inside the new office space. They will be the initial stop for prospective business owners and can guide them on such steps as establishing an LLC or other business structure, linking up with the Small Business Administration or identifying a population demographic for the business to target.
The mezzanine level will house a library of books and other materials on starting and growing businesses as well as training and conference rooms.
“We actually have space for our clients to come here and work,” said John Brandon, who runs the Center as a member of the MDA’s Existing Industry and Business Division.
Two cubicle spaces have computers with Internet access and Microsoft Office Suite. “You can do far more than just talk about your business plan. You can work on it while you are here,” Brandon said.
“You can spend the day with us. When you have a question we are here to answer.”
The new space also provides a place for the Center’s staff to hold training seminars and other events that they previously had to do outside the Woffolk Building, Brandon said.
The Entrepreneur Center, established 30 years ago, has a satellite office in Tupelo and can do consultations on Skype, an Internet video and voice service, for clients unable to come to Jackson or Tupelo.
The Center recently unveiled its new Web site — msenetworks.org. An especially helpful feature of the site assists users in zeroing in on resources available in the Mississippi locality in which they are interested in starting or expanding a business, Brandon said. Put in a zip code and “it tells you the resources,” he said.
Msenetworks.org also has features to help users with strategic business planning and marketing, Brandon said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “MDA’s Entrepreneur Center in new first floor space in Woolfolk”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics