Mississippi State’s capital campaign exceeds $400M
Published: April 7,2014
Tags: capital campaign, education, higher education, Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University, public university
STARKVILLE — Fundraising for Mississippi State University’s most recent capital campaign has reached $408.6 million at the close of March.
The $600-million fundraising effort was launched six months ago as “Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign.”
MSU president Mark Keenum says $106.5 million has been raised for scholarships, resulting in 269 new endowed scholarships and numerous annual awards. Also, 22 new endowed faculty chairs and professorships have been created with $45.8 million, bringing the university’s endowed positions total to 72.
He says $42.9 million has been raised for facilities, with $213.4 million designated for program and annual support. He says MSU’s endowment exceeds $400 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement