Mississippi State’s capital campaign exceeds $400M
Published: April 7,2014
Tags: capital campaign, education, higher education, Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University, public university
STARKVILLE — Fundraising for Mississippi State University’s most recent capital campaign has reached $408.6 million at the close of March.
The $600-million fundraising effort was launched six months ago as “Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign.”
MSU president Mark Keenum says $106.5 million has been raised for scholarships, resulting in 269 new endowed scholarships and numerous annual awards. Also, 22 new endowed faculty chairs and professorships have been created with $45.8 million, bringing the university’s endowed positions total to 72.
He says $42.9 million has been raised for facilities, with $213.4 million designated for program and annual support. He says MSU’s endowment exceeds $400 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money