Mississippi State’s capital campaign exceeds $400M
Published: April 7,2014
Tags: capital campaign, education, higher education, Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University, public university
STARKVILLE — Fundraising for Mississippi State University’s most recent capital campaign has reached $408.6 million at the close of March.
The $600-million fundraising effort was launched six months ago as “Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign.”
MSU president Mark Keenum says $106.5 million has been raised for scholarships, resulting in 269 new endowed scholarships and numerous annual awards. Also, 22 new endowed faculty chairs and professorships have been created with $45.8 million, bringing the university’s endowed positions total to 72.
He says $42.9 million has been raised for facilities, with $213.4 million designated for program and annual support. He says MSU’s endowment exceeds $400 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill