Mississippi State’s capital campaign exceeds $400M
Published: April 7,2014
Tags: capital campaign, education, higher education, Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University, public university
STARKVILLE — Fundraising for Mississippi State University’s most recent capital campaign has reached $408.6 million at the close of March.
The $600-million fundraising effort was launched six months ago as “Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign.”
MSU president Mark Keenum says $106.5 million has been raised for scholarships, resulting in 269 new endowed scholarships and numerous annual awards. Also, 22 new endowed faculty chairs and professorships have been created with $45.8 million, bringing the university’s endowed positions total to 72.
He says $42.9 million has been raised for facilities, with $213.4 million designated for program and annual support. He says MSU’s endowment exceeds $400 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training