Mississippi State’s capital campaign exceeds $400M
Published: April 7,2014
Tags: capital campaign, education, higher education, Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University, public university
STARKVILLE — Fundraising for Mississippi State University’s most recent capital campaign has reached $408.6 million at the close of March.
The $600-million fundraising effort was launched six months ago as “Infinite Impact: The Mississippi State University Campaign.”
MSU president Mark Keenum says $106.5 million has been raised for scholarships, resulting in 269 new endowed scholarships and numerous annual awards. Also, 22 new endowed faculty chairs and professorships have been created with $45.8 million, bringing the university’s endowed positions total to 72.
He says $42.9 million has been raised for facilities, with $213.4 million designated for program and annual support. He says MSU’s endowment exceeds $400 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion