Transcript Pharmacy earns dual accreditation
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 7,2014
JACKSON — Transcript Pharmacy Inc. has been awarded specialty pharmacy accreditation from URAC, an independent, nonprofit health care accrediting organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. Transcript Pharmacy is dually-accredited and holds Board of Pharmacy permits allowing it to serve patients in all 50 states.
In addition to meeting the mandatory accreditation requirements, Transcript Pharmacy also met URAC’s leading indicators, which are non-weighted, optional elements highlighting effective practices not yet widely adopted in health care. Leading indicators provide a potential forecast of where the health care industry may be heading, and provide a way for an organization to distinguish itself from other accredited companies.
“Transcript Pharmacy should be commended for meeting strict quality standards,” said URAC president and CEO Kylanne Green. “It is critically important for health care organizations to make a commitment to quality and accountability. URAC accreditation is a demonstration of that commitment.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Transcript Pharmacy earns dual accreditation”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators