Transcript Pharmacy earns dual accreditation
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 7,2014
JACKSON — Transcript Pharmacy Inc. has been awarded specialty pharmacy accreditation from URAC, an independent, nonprofit health care accrediting organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. Transcript Pharmacy is dually-accredited and holds Board of Pharmacy permits allowing it to serve patients in all 50 states.
In addition to meeting the mandatory accreditation requirements, Transcript Pharmacy also met URAC’s leading indicators, which are non-weighted, optional elements highlighting effective practices not yet widely adopted in health care. Leading indicators provide a potential forecast of where the health care industry may be heading, and provide a way for an organization to distinguish itself from other accredited companies.
“Transcript Pharmacy should be commended for meeting strict quality standards,” said URAC president and CEO Kylanne Green. “It is critically important for health care organizations to make a commitment to quality and accountability. URAC accreditation is a demonstration of that commitment.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Transcript Pharmacy earns dual accreditation”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband