Transcript Pharmacy earns dual accreditation
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 7,2014
JACKSON — Transcript Pharmacy Inc. has been awarded specialty pharmacy accreditation from URAC, an independent, nonprofit health care accrediting organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. Transcript Pharmacy is dually-accredited and holds Board of Pharmacy permits allowing it to serve patients in all 50 states.
In addition to meeting the mandatory accreditation requirements, Transcript Pharmacy also met URAC’s leading indicators, which are non-weighted, optional elements highlighting effective practices not yet widely adopted in health care. Leading indicators provide a potential forecast of where the health care industry may be heading, and provide a way for an organization to distinguish itself from other accredited companies.
“Transcript Pharmacy should be commended for meeting strict quality standards,” said URAC president and CEO Kylanne Green. “It is critically important for health care organizations to make a commitment to quality and accountability. URAC accreditation is a demonstration of that commitment.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Transcript Pharmacy earns dual accreditation”
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Meridian DJ group brings dubstep, EDM to Queen City
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’