Transcript Pharmacy earns dual accreditation
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 7,2014
JACKSON — Transcript Pharmacy Inc. has been awarded specialty pharmacy accreditation from URAC, an independent, nonprofit health care accrediting organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. Transcript Pharmacy is dually-accredited and holds Board of Pharmacy permits allowing it to serve patients in all 50 states.
In addition to meeting the mandatory accreditation requirements, Transcript Pharmacy also met URAC’s leading indicators, which are non-weighted, optional elements highlighting effective practices not yet widely adopted in health care. Leading indicators provide a potential forecast of where the health care industry may be heading, and provide a way for an organization to distinguish itself from other accredited companies.
“Transcript Pharmacy should be commended for meeting strict quality standards,” said URAC president and CEO Kylanne Green. “It is critically important for health care organizations to make a commitment to quality and accountability. URAC accreditation is a demonstration of that commitment.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Transcript Pharmacy earns dual accreditation”
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth