Advisories issued for two segments of beach
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 10,2014
Tags: beach, environment, fishing, Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality, outdoors, pollution, public health, public safety, Station 10-Gulfport Central, Station 10B-East Courthouse Road, Station 12A-Biloxi West Central, Station 7A-Long Beach, Station 8-Gulfport West, swimming, tourism, tourist, visitor, water
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has issued two water contact advisories for sampling stations in Harrison County.
These segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in these areas.
The affected stations are:
• Station 7A-Long Beach, which extends from Oak Gardens Avenue east to Girard Avenue
• Station 8-Gulfport West, which extends from Marie Avenue east to Camp Avenue
Advisories are lifted for the following stations:
• Station 10-Gulfport Central, which extends from 20th Avenue east to Thornton Avenue
• Station 10B-East Courthouse Road, which extends from Courthouse Road east to Tegarden Road
• Station 12A-Biloxi West Central, which extends from Travia Avenue east to Iberville Drive
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form