Another death reported from weekend storms
Published: April 11,2014
COAHOMA COUNTY — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says a second person has died because of recent storms.
MEMA spokesman Greg Flynn says a Coahoma County man died Wednesday at a Memphis, Tenn., hospital. The man had been taken there after he was injured when strong winds destroyed his mobile home April 3.
Flynn said yesterday that the man’s name and age were not immediately available.
A nine-year-old girl in Yazoo City was killed after being swept away by flood waters Sunday.
The National Weather Service says severe weather is possible in Mississippi this weekend, with a chance of hail, damaging wind or tornadoes Sunday night into Monday.
The Pearl River in central and south Mississippi, the Strong River in D’Lo and Tallahala Creek in Laurel are above flood stage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House