Another death reported from weekend storms
Published: April 11,2014
COAHOMA COUNTY — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says a second person has died because of recent storms.
MEMA spokesman Greg Flynn says a Coahoma County man died Wednesday at a Memphis, Tenn., hospital. The man had been taken there after he was injured when strong winds destroyed his mobile home April 3.
Flynn said yesterday that the man’s name and age were not immediately available.
A nine-year-old girl in Yazoo City was killed after being swept away by flood waters Sunday.
The National Weather Service says severe weather is possible in Mississippi this weekend, with a chance of hail, damaging wind or tornadoes Sunday night into Monday.
The Pearl River in central and south Mississippi, the Strong River in D’Lo and Tallahala Creek in Laurel are above flood stage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015