Another death reported from weekend storms
Published: April 11,2014
COAHOMA COUNTY — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says a second person has died because of recent storms.
MEMA spokesman Greg Flynn says a Coahoma County man died Wednesday at a Memphis, Tenn., hospital. The man had been taken there after he was injured when strong winds destroyed his mobile home April 3.
Flynn said yesterday that the man’s name and age were not immediately available.
A nine-year-old girl in Yazoo City was killed after being swept away by flood waters Sunday.
The National Weather Service says severe weather is possible in Mississippi this weekend, with a chance of hail, damaging wind or tornadoes Sunday night into Monday.
The Pearl River in central and south Mississippi, the Strong River in D’Lo and Tallahala Creek in Laurel are above flood stage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project