Another death reported from weekend storms
Published: April 11,2014
COAHOMA COUNTY — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says a second person has died because of recent storms.
MEMA spokesman Greg Flynn says a Coahoma County man died Wednesday at a Memphis, Tenn., hospital. The man had been taken there after he was injured when strong winds destroyed his mobile home April 3.
Flynn said yesterday that the man’s name and age were not immediately available.
A nine-year-old girl in Yazoo City was killed after being swept away by flood waters Sunday.
The National Weather Service says severe weather is possible in Mississippi this weekend, with a chance of hail, damaging wind or tornadoes Sunday night into Monday.
The Pearl River in central and south Mississippi, the Strong River in D’Lo and Tallahala Creek in Laurel are above flood stage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion