Another death reported from weekend storms
Published: April 11,2014
COAHOMA COUNTY — The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency says a second person has died because of recent storms.
MEMA spokesman Greg Flynn says a Coahoma County man died Wednesday at a Memphis, Tenn., hospital. The man had been taken there after he was injured when strong winds destroyed his mobile home April 3.
Flynn said yesterday that the man’s name and age were not immediately available.
A nine-year-old girl in Yazoo City was killed after being swept away by flood waters Sunday.
The National Weather Service says severe weather is possible in Mississippi this weekend, with a chance of hail, damaging wind or tornadoes Sunday night into Monday.
The Pearl River in central and south Mississippi, the Strong River in D’Lo and Tallahala Creek in Laurel are above flood stage.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation