Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2014
PICAYUNE — State Auditor Stacey Pickering reports that Gregory Kerr, a former employee with the City of Picayune Public Works department, has been arrested by special agents from the State Auditor’s Office and was booked at the Pearl River County Jail yesterday.
He was indicted on one felony count of false statements and representations and one felony count of false pretense on April 10.
Kerr, 48, falsified his time records for the sole purpose of receiving payment for work that he did not provide to the City of Picayune, according to Pickering. This occurred from April 2012 through his termination on July 2, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch