Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2014
PICAYUNE — State Auditor Stacey Pickering reports that Gregory Kerr, a former employee with the City of Picayune Public Works department, has been arrested by special agents from the State Auditor’s Office and was booked at the Pearl River County Jail yesterday.
He was indicted on one felony count of false statements and representations and one felony count of false pretense on April 10.
Kerr, 48, falsified his time records for the sole purpose of receiving payment for work that he did not provide to the City of Picayune, according to Pickering. This occurred from April 2012 through his termination on July 2, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey