Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2014
PICAYUNE — State Auditor Stacey Pickering reports that Gregory Kerr, a former employee with the City of Picayune Public Works department, has been arrested by special agents from the State Auditor’s Office and was booked at the Pearl River County Jail yesterday.
He was indicted on one felony count of false statements and representations and one felony count of false pretense on April 10.
Kerr, 48, falsified his time records for the sole purpose of receiving payment for work that he did not provide to the City of Picayune, according to Pickering. This occurred from April 2012 through his termination on July 2, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season