Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2014
PICAYUNE — State Auditor Stacey Pickering reports that Gregory Kerr, a former employee with the City of Picayune Public Works department, has been arrested by special agents from the State Auditor’s Office and was booked at the Pearl River County Jail yesterday.
He was indicted on one felony count of false statements and representations and one felony count of false pretense on April 10.
Kerr, 48, falsified his time records for the sole purpose of receiving payment for work that he did not provide to the City of Picayune, according to Pickering. This occurred from April 2012 through his termination on July 2, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss