Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2014
PICAYUNE — State Auditor Stacey Pickering reports that Gregory Kerr, a former employee with the City of Picayune Public Works department, has been arrested by special agents from the State Auditor’s Office and was booked at the Pearl River County Jail yesterday.
He was indicted on one felony count of false statements and representations and one felony count of false pretense on April 10.
Kerr, 48, falsified his time records for the sole purpose of receiving payment for work that he did not provide to the City of Picayune, according to Pickering. This occurred from April 2012 through his termination on July 2, 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency