Specialty Crop Block Grants now available through MDAC
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2014
Tags: agriculture, farm, Farm Bill, farmer, farming, food, fruit, horticulture, Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, nursery, Specialty Crop Block Grant Program, U.S. Department of Agriculture, vegetable
JACKSON — The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce is now accepting proposals for Mississippi’s FY 2014 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program.
The purpose of the program is to enhance the competitiveness of Mississippi’s specialty crop industry. Projects funded through the program must address at least one of the following priority areas: research, education/training/technical assistance, promotion/marketing or food safety/product handling.
The Specialty Crop Block Grant Program is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and authorized by the Farm, Food, and Jobs Bill (2014 Farm Bill). Specialty crops are defined as fruits and vegetables, tree nuts, dried fruits, and horticulture and nursery crops (including floriculture). Funding will not be awarded to projects that solely benefit a particular commercial product or provide a profit to a single organization, institution, or individual.
To obtain an application, visit the Alerts and Announcements section on www.mdac.ms.gov, call (601) 359-1196, or email email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on May 15.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey