USM-Gulf Park sets new graduate enrollment record
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2014
LONG BEACH — The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park campus in Long Beach has reached record enrollment in its master’s degree programs.
For the spring 2014 semester, a total of 361 graduate students are working to earn one of 11 master’s degrees available to students at the university’s Gulf Park campus.
“An expanding number of career paths require graduate degrees and, as a result, we have seen consistent growth in our graduate programs at Southern Miss,” said Dr. Tom Lansford, Southern Miss Gulf Coast academic dean. “Programs such as logistics, trade, and transportation, computer science and the master of business administration have seen especially strong growth over the past few years.”
Of the 11 master’s degree programs available to students at the Gulf Park campus, computer science is the largest program with 113 students.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson
- Supermarket incentives for distressed communities die in House