USM-Gulf Park sets new graduate enrollment record
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 15,2014
LONG BEACH — The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park campus in Long Beach has reached record enrollment in its master’s degree programs.
For the spring 2014 semester, a total of 361 graduate students are working to earn one of 11 master’s degrees available to students at the university’s Gulf Park campus.
“An expanding number of career paths require graduate degrees and, as a result, we have seen consistent growth in our graduate programs at Southern Miss,” said Dr. Tom Lansford, Southern Miss Gulf Coast academic dean. “Programs such as logistics, trade, and transportation, computer science and the master of business administration have seen especially strong growth over the past few years.”
Of the 11 master’s degree programs available to students at the Gulf Park campus, computer science is the largest program with 113 students.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal