BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 16,2014
JACKSON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is urging consumers to beware of a scam involving door-to-door salesmen offering low-cost quotes on asphalt paving.
Over the past week, BBB has received calls and complaints from local consumers who were approached by salesmen offering to pave driveways for very low costs, claiming to use asphalt “left-over” from a larger paving job.
BBB is urging consumers to check out the companies making these offers, to make sure the company is reputable and that they will perform quality work for a fair price.
To find reputable local asphalt pavers, consumers can contact BBB at 800-987-8280 or www.ms.bbb.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs