BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 16,2014
JACKSON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is urging consumers to beware of a scam involving door-to-door salesmen offering low-cost quotes on asphalt paving.
Over the past week, BBB has received calls and complaints from local consumers who were approached by salesmen offering to pave driveways for very low costs, claiming to use asphalt “left-over” from a larger paving job.
BBB is urging consumers to check out the companies making these offers, to make sure the company is reputable and that they will perform quality work for a fair price.
To find reputable local asphalt pavers, consumers can contact BBB at 800-987-8280 or www.ms.bbb.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center