BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 16,2014
JACKSON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is urging consumers to beware of a scam involving door-to-door salesmen offering low-cost quotes on asphalt paving.
Over the past week, BBB has received calls and complaints from local consumers who were approached by salesmen offering to pave driveways for very low costs, claiming to use asphalt “left-over” from a larger paving job.
BBB is urging consumers to check out the companies making these offers, to make sure the company is reputable and that they will perform quality work for a fair price.
To find reputable local asphalt pavers, consumers can contact BBB at 800-987-8280 or www.ms.bbb.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force