BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 16,2014
JACKSON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is urging consumers to beware of a scam involving door-to-door salesmen offering low-cost quotes on asphalt paving.
Over the past week, BBB has received calls and complaints from local consumers who were approached by salesmen offering to pave driveways for very low costs, claiming to use asphalt “left-over” from a larger paving job.
BBB is urging consumers to check out the companies making these offers, to make sure the company is reputable and that they will perform quality work for a fair price.
To find reputable local asphalt pavers, consumers can contact BBB at 800-987-8280 or www.ms.bbb.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House