BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 16,2014
JACKSON — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is urging consumers to beware of a scam involving door-to-door salesmen offering low-cost quotes on asphalt paving.
Over the past week, BBB has received calls and complaints from local consumers who were approached by salesmen offering to pave driveways for very low costs, claiming to use asphalt “left-over” from a larger paving job.
BBB is urging consumers to check out the companies making these offers, to make sure the company is reputable and that they will perform quality work for a fair price.
To find reputable local asphalt pavers, consumers can contact BBB at 800-987-8280 or www.ms.bbb.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast