Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 16,2014
Tags: bridge, Chirch Street, construction, Highway 11, infrastructure, Jones County, Mississippi Department of Transportation, road, roadbuilder, roadbuilding, T.L. Wallace Construction Inc., Tom King, transportation, travel, Warren Mott Parkway
JONES COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is underway on a bridge replacement project along Highway 11 at Waterfall Creek in Jones County, according to MDOT Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
The $1 million project was awarded to T. L. Wallace Construction Inc.
A section of Highway 11 at the bridge was closed yesterday to through traffic. A roadway detour was posted for motorists. Traffic along Highway 11 is being diverted to a route along Church Street and Warren Mott Parkway for the duration of the project, which is expected to take about three months.
Crews will begin with clearing operations, and bridge construction is scheduled to begin in May. Work is scheduled to be completed in July 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency