Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 16,2014
Tags: bridge, Chirch Street, construction, Highway 11, infrastructure, Jones County, Mississippi Department of Transportation, road, roadbuilder, roadbuilding, T.L. Wallace Construction Inc., Tom King, transportation, travel, Warren Mott Parkway
JONES COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is underway on a bridge replacement project along Highway 11 at Waterfall Creek in Jones County, according to MDOT Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
The $1 million project was awarded to T. L. Wallace Construction Inc.
A section of Highway 11 at the bridge was closed yesterday to through traffic. A roadway detour was posted for motorists. Traffic along Highway 11 is being diverted to a route along Church Street and Warren Mott Parkway for the duration of the project, which is expected to take about three months.
Crews will begin with clearing operations, and bridge construction is scheduled to begin in May. Work is scheduled to be completed in July 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics