Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 16,2014
Tags: bridge, Chirch Street, construction, Highway 11, infrastructure, Jones County, Mississippi Department of Transportation, road, roadbuilder, roadbuilding, T.L. Wallace Construction Inc., Tom King, transportation, travel, Warren Mott Parkway
JONES COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is underway on a bridge replacement project along Highway 11 at Waterfall Creek in Jones County, according to MDOT Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
The $1 million project was awarded to T. L. Wallace Construction Inc.
A section of Highway 11 at the bridge was closed yesterday to through traffic. A roadway detour was posted for motorists. Traffic along Highway 11 is being diverted to a route along Church Street and Warren Mott Parkway for the duration of the project, which is expected to take about three months.
Crews will begin with clearing operations, and bridge construction is scheduled to begin in May. Work is scheduled to be completed in July 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years