Bryant taps Dr. Janet Williams to serve on State Board of Nursing
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2014
Dr. Janet Williams, RN, PhD, dean of the William Carey University School of Nursing, was recently appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to serve on the State Board of Nursing. She has served in the school of nursing for over 20 years as a teacher and administrator, and most recently, as dean. Williams was elected by her peers to serve as vice chair for the Mississippi Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) Deans and Directors Committee for the Schools of Nursing in 2012, and served as chair for the committee in 2013.
She received a BS in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi, a MSN in adult health nursing from University of Alabama-Birmingham, an MBA from University of South Alabama and a PhD in educational leadership from USM.
In 2011, Williams was given the Woman of Achievement Award in the education category by the Lighthouse Business and Professional Women (BPW) organization. As an RN with licensure in Mississippi and Louisiana, she held various positions before coming WCU in 1990. She worked as a critical care supervisor at the Doctor’s Hospital in Mobile, Ala., as an instructor at Providence School of Nursing in Mobile, as a sales representative for Norwich Eaton Pharmaceuticals in Norwich, N.Y., as a critical care consultant and educator at University of South Alabama Medical Center, as director of education and quality assurance at Gulf Coast Medical Center in Gulfport and as a staff nurse at Memorial Hospital in Gulfport, among other positions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring