Dr. John Eye chosen as dean at Southern Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2014
The University of Southern Mississippi has selected Dr. John Eye to lead its University Libraries as dean, following a national search to fill the position. Eye is dean of library services and professor of library science at Southern Utah University. He will begin work at Southern Miss July 1.
As a faculty member at Southern Utah, Eye teaches information literacy and has taught technology for teachers, collection development and cataloging, first year experience and school library administration. He previously served as web librarian and assistant/associate professor of library media at Southern Utah.
Eye holds an Ed.D. and an Ed.S in educational administration from the University of South Dakota, an M.L.I.S. in library and information science from Wayne State University and a B.S. and M.S. in information media from St. Cloud State University. He is the author of numerous publications and has made multiple presentations across the country on topics that include copyright law, web design, ethics and the link between libraries and reading achievement. He is a member of the American Library Association, American Association of School Librarians, the Mountain Plains Library Association, the Utah Library Association and the Utah Educational Library Media Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued