Dr. John Eye chosen as dean at Southern Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2014
The University of Southern Mississippi has selected Dr. John Eye to lead its University Libraries as dean, following a national search to fill the position. Eye is dean of library services and professor of library science at Southern Utah University. He will begin work at Southern Miss July 1.
As a faculty member at Southern Utah, Eye teaches information literacy and has taught technology for teachers, collection development and cataloging, first year experience and school library administration. He previously served as web librarian and assistant/associate professor of library media at Southern Utah.
Eye holds an Ed.D. and an Ed.S in educational administration from the University of South Dakota, an M.L.I.S. in library and information science from Wayne State University and a B.S. and M.S. in information media from St. Cloud State University. He is the author of numerous publications and has made multiple presentations across the country on topics that include copyright law, web design, ethics and the link between libraries and reading achievement. He is a member of the American Library Association, American Association of School Librarians, the Mountain Plains Library Association, the Utah Library Association and the Utah Educational Library Media Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast