Drs. Nora Corrigan and Deborah Miranda win grants at MUW
The Mississippi University for Women Alumni Association recently presented faculty awards. Wesley Garrett won the New Faculty Award while Drs. Nora Corrigan and Deborah Miranda are the Faculty Enhancement Grant winners. Garrett, assistant professor of legal studies, began teaching for the legal studies program in 2009 and became the program director in 2011. She was awarded the College of Business and Legal Studies Faculty Member of the Year for 2011 and 2013, and awarded National Society of Leadership & Success Excellence in Teaching Award in 2013. Most recently, Garrett took on the role of coaching The W’s newly organized mock trial team. Garrett holds a bachelor of arts, honors, in paralegal studies from The W, and a juris doctorate from the University of Alabama School of Law.
Corrigan is an assistant professor in the Department of Languages, Literature, and Philosophy. She spent a year as a visiting assistant professor at McKendree University in Illinois before starting at The W in August 2008. Corrigan has recently published articles in Medieval and Renaissance Drama in England and Renaissance Papers and her interests include Shakespeare, early modern drama and gender studies. She has a chapter forthcoming in an essay collection on gender and song in early modern literature, which will be published by Ashgate in 2015. She holds multiple degrees in English from the College of William & Mary and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Miranda is an associate professor at The W where she lectures and leads students through clinical experiences in community, family and women’s health nursing. She received an associate degree in nursing from Morehead State University in Morehead, Ky.; a bachelor of science in nursing at University of Kentucky, Lexington; a master of science in nursing from the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio; and doctorate in sociology, focusing on gender and family, at Mississippi State University. Miranda has served as a Red Cross shelter nurse and is a volunteer with Mississippi VIPR: Volunteers in Preparedness Registry. She is active in the Mississippi Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau, International Nursing Honors Society and the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrics and Neonatal Nursing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Drs. Nora Corrigan and Deborah Miranda win grants at MUW”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62