First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota’s line
Published: April 22,2014
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota officials at the car manufacturer’s Blue Springs facility are celebrating the production of the first Corolla built at the plant for export.
Gov. Phil Bryant joined Toyota officials to mark the occasion.
WLBT-TV reports that the plant will export more than 7,500 Corollas to 18 countries in Central and South America and the Caribbean this year.
Toyota Mississippi employs 2,000 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency