First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota’s line
Published: April 22,2014
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota officials at the car manufacturer’s Blue Springs facility are celebrating the production of the first Corolla built at the plant for export.
Gov. Phil Bryant joined Toyota officials to mark the occasion.
WLBT-TV reports that the plant will export more than 7,500 Corollas to 18 countries in Central and South America and the Caribbean this year.
Toyota Mississippi employs 2,000 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant