First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota’s line
Published: April 22,2014
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota officials at the car manufacturer’s Blue Springs facility are celebrating the production of the first Corolla built at the plant for export.
Gov. Phil Bryant joined Toyota officials to mark the occasion.
WLBT-TV reports that the plant will export more than 7,500 Corollas to 18 countries in Central and South America and the Caribbean this year.
Toyota Mississippi employs 2,000 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways