First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota’s line
Published: April 22,2014
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota officials at the car manufacturer’s Blue Springs facility are celebrating the production of the first Corolla built at the plant for export.
Gov. Phil Bryant joined Toyota officials to mark the occasion.
WLBT-TV reports that the plant will export more than 7,500 Corollas to 18 countries in Central and South America and the Caribbean this year.
Toyota Mississippi employs 2,000 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus