First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota’s line
Published: April 22,2014
BLUE SPRINGS — Toyota officials at the car manufacturer’s Blue Springs facility are celebrating the production of the first Corolla built at the plant for export.
Gov. Phil Bryant joined Toyota officials to mark the occasion.
WLBT-TV reports that the plant will export more than 7,500 Corollas to 18 countries in Central and South America and the Caribbean this year.
Toyota Mississippi employs 2,000 people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete