Secretary of State’s Office transitioning to new location
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2014
JACKSON — At 5 p.m. on April 24, the Secretary of State’s Office will close its 700 North Street location and will reopen April 29 at Capital Towers, located at 125 South Congress Street in Jackson.
Individuals needing assistance April 25 will need to visit the Secretary of State’s Office location at 401 Mississippi Street.
“We are pleased to save taxpayer dollars by making this transition,” says Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “We ask the public to be patient with our agency as we relocate to Capital Towers.”
The 700 North Street location houses the Business Services, Regulation and Enforcement, Public Lands, Securities and Charities divisions of the agency. During the relocation, some services offered by the agency may be delayed.
The Secretary of State’s Office will not be able to accept expedited corporate or LLC filings from noon on April 24 through April 25.
State agencies are closed on April 28.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions