Secretary of State’s Office transitioning to new location
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2014
JACKSON — At 5 p.m. on April 24, the Secretary of State’s Office will close its 700 North Street location and will reopen April 29 at Capital Towers, located at 125 South Congress Street in Jackson.
Individuals needing assistance April 25 will need to visit the Secretary of State’s Office location at 401 Mississippi Street.
“We are pleased to save taxpayer dollars by making this transition,” says Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “We ask the public to be patient with our agency as we relocate to Capital Towers.”
The 700 North Street location houses the Business Services, Regulation and Enforcement, Public Lands, Securities and Charities divisions of the agency. During the relocation, some services offered by the agency may be delayed.
The Secretary of State’s Office will not be able to accept expedited corporate or LLC filings from noon on April 24 through April 25.
State agencies are closed on April 28.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal