Secretary of State’s Office transitioning to new location
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2014
JACKSON — At 5 p.m. on April 24, the Secretary of State’s Office will close its 700 North Street location and will reopen April 29 at Capital Towers, located at 125 South Congress Street in Jackson.
Individuals needing assistance April 25 will need to visit the Secretary of State’s Office location at 401 Mississippi Street.
“We are pleased to save taxpayer dollars by making this transition,” says Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “We ask the public to be patient with our agency as we relocate to Capital Towers.”
The 700 North Street location houses the Business Services, Regulation and Enforcement, Public Lands, Securities and Charities divisions of the agency. During the relocation, some services offered by the agency may be delayed.
The Secretary of State’s Office will not be able to accept expedited corporate or LLC filings from noon on April 24 through April 25.
State agencies are closed on April 28.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years