Secretary of State’s Office transitioning to new location
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 22,2014
JACKSON — At 5 p.m. on April 24, the Secretary of State’s Office will close its 700 North Street location and will reopen April 29 at Capital Towers, located at 125 South Congress Street in Jackson.
Individuals needing assistance April 25 will need to visit the Secretary of State’s Office location at 401 Mississippi Street.
“We are pleased to save taxpayer dollars by making this transition,” says Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “We ask the public to be patient with our agency as we relocate to Capital Towers.”
The 700 North Street location houses the Business Services, Regulation and Enforcement, Public Lands, Securities and Charities divisions of the agency. During the relocation, some services offered by the agency may be delayed.
The Secretary of State’s Office will not be able to accept expedited corporate or LLC filings from noon on April 24 through April 25.
State agencies are closed on April 28.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey